Tuesday, July 28, 2009

New Clinique Vitamin C Lip Smoothies

Clinique makes great lip products, and their newest offering is really nice. A friend invited me to do some "drive-by" makeup shopping at lunch, and I stumbled onto the new Vitamin C Lip Smoothies ($17.50) at Bloomingdales.

Am I glad I did! This lip color is both lipstick and lip gloss in one. Clinique has combined a great brush-on lip color with conditioning and protective ingredients, like Vitamin C and antioxidants.

I am wearing Rhubarbie (07) as I write. It feels very creamy, and the color is gorgeous. It also has some staying power, but doesn't feel at all clingy. The coverage is sheer to moderate. It's simply pretty.

The Lip Smoothie comes in a tube with a brush at the end. You prime the brush with product by turning the base, allowing you to use only what you need.

It's available in eight colors. Now I wish I had purchased more than one!

Photo courtesy of Clinique.

2 comments:

Lexi said...

We can go back!!

Charlestongirl said...

You're on, Lexi! Next week we will hit the new MAC store too. And maybe Saks?