Saturday, August 29, 2009

Fabulous Hair Care Products from Nick Chavez - Part 2

Part 2 of the reality series starring Nick Chavez Beverly Hills hair care products. Ever wonder why hair professionals don't enter "America's Got Talent"? They would be so much better than some of the goofy acts we endure for the privilege of watching the truly talented. Let's imagine our own "America's Got Talent," with Nick Chavez showing us the way with shampoo and conditioner. Pull up your chairs...the feature begins.

As I mentioned in Part 1, I recently had the opportunity to sample a few of the Nick Chavez products. Since I started with styling, the end of the story, we'll now rerun the beginning act, shampoo and conditioner.

Nourishing Shampoo ($16) makes washing your hair a very pleasant experience. The bottle says, "Everyday Shine, Gentle Clean Nourishing." That has appeal since I am one of those obsessive gals who washes her hair every day she cares, which only excludes some weekend, veg-out days. The shampoo is Nick's "everyday solution to help hydrate and enhance your hair's shine and body." Nourishing Shampoo combines moisturizing ingredients, antioxidants, and botanicals (aloe, chamomile, henna, and jojoba) into one shampoo that cleanses and gently removes any product from the day before, oil (dirt, grime), and anything else you don't want in your hair.

Nourishing Shampoo smells heavenly upon use, and then the fragrance disappears. Perfect. I don't like shampoos and conditioners that leave a fragrance in my hair to compete with the perfume I select for the day. It's also pH balanced and will not strip hair. My stylist always warns about "volume" products that produce volume by stripping hair of everything, including carefully placed highlights.

I really love the wash with Nourishing - just the experience - and my hair is so shiny afterwards. Whether that is the result of the shampoo or Plump 'N Thick - or both - I love the combination.

Plump 'N Thick Leave-In Conditioning Creme Conditioner ($22) is versatile - three products in one. You can leave it in after shampooing or use it on dry hair; use it overnight for intensive conditioning; or simply use it as I do as your everyday post-shampoo conditioner, leaving it in for 3-4 minutes. The conditioner is said to maximize thickness and volume while conditioning and detangling (good because my fine hair mats after a vigorous shampoo), expanding the hair cuticle, and moisturizing to "replenish" hair without leaving any build-up. This conditioner has the following key ingredients, good for both hair and scalp.

Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract to condition and moisturize while calming and refreshing
Carrot Root Extract to stimulate elasticity
Honey, a humectant for skin and hair, which helps hair retain moisture
Vitamins C, D, and E and some minerals to boot
Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, a powerful moisturizer that helps smooth hair by adjusting its moisturizing action to humidity levels outside
Panthenol, which penetrates hair shafts to moisturize dry, damaged hair and helps to smooth split ends by smoothing the cuticle
Spirulina Maxima Extract, which contains 19 amino acids and 14 vitamins essential to skin and hair nutrition
Symphytum Officinale Leaf Extract to smooth and moisturize the scalp

What a cocktail! How could this not be good for your hair? I find it extremely effective. Although it's lightweight in feel and texture, it leaves my hair moist and without tangles. It also smells good, and, like the shampoo, the fragrance makes a quick exit. So, you get some sensory pleasure with application, but then have a choice of how you want to smell after you finish the morning hair routine. Nice!

The show is over and votes have been tallied, and the winner is (drum roll)...Nick Chavez! I will be adding both products to my "rotation" (I love rotating hair products to keep my hair alert). I'll even be adding the Nourishing Conditioner ($18), which I haven't tried yet, but I like the shampoo so much, I'm sure I will love the conditioner.

There are so many more products in both the Nourishing and Thickening lines, and there are other lines as well, including Volumizing and Strengthening - a wardrobe for your hair and something for everyone.

If you are hooked and need to watch the next show, go to the Nick Chavez Web site, where you can read more and also watch how-to videos. You can purchase the products there, at Beauty.com, or from QVC.

Photo courtesy of Beauty.com.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Hello from Maine! Was just surfing and found your blog. Love it!!

Charlestongirl said...

Thank you, Rebecca. Greetings from Virginia! I hope you will subscribe and stay.