Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Lierac Gentle Cleansing Milk

Here I go again - raving over a Lierac Paris product! I have been using Lierac's "Lait Demaquillant Douceur," or Gentle Cleansing Milk ($26), for four or five months. I use it most nights to remove my makeup and get ready for my bedtime skin care regimen. The cleanser is made for dry and sensitive skin, and I can testify that my dry, sensitive skin likes it. It cleans without stripping my skin of its natural moisture (and there isn't much of that left!).

The cleanser easily removes all makeup except for the tiny residue of mascara under my eyes, and no gentle cleanser I use removes that. I follow with a quick swipe of eye makeup remover. After cleansing, my skin feels soft and smooth. Of course, I love the convenient pump dispenser. Who really wants to fumble with a screw cap at the end of a tiring day?

The Gentle Cleansing Milk includes moisturizing agents, calming and softening poppy and calendula extracts, and hyaluronic acid (very good) - and it's alcohol-free (even better). The brochure that comes with it says that the cleanser is based on "ultra-gentle surfactants that respect the skin's hydro-lipidic film and pH level." Works for me!

I love the fact that I can pop up to my CVS Healthy Skincare Store to buy more when I run out. No time-consuming trips to the mall! Not that I don't love to get in a little shopping now and then, but if I need a daily necessity, I want to be able to get my hands on it quickly. You may find this product called Gentle Makeup Remover Lotion (drugstore.com). I'm not sure about that translation since I do remember from my school days that lait is milk.

If you have dry or sensitive skin, I think you'll like this Lierac cleanser.

Photo courtesy of CVS.

2 comments:

Miss Brahms said...

This gentle milky cleanser is a staple of my skincare regimen. For anyone over 40, with dry or sensitive skin, a milky, creamy or oil-based cleanser is essential - note that CharlestonGirl mentioned that the Lierac literature emphasized PH balance. So many cleansers these days ignore this simple skin health fact - and many cases of sensitive or irritated skin can result from a simple PH unbalance! The fact that Lierac uses plant-based (think PhytoTherapie) technology is even more comforting for we sensitive skin folk. The pink and gold bottle has great dressing table appeal - and the smell is rose-scented and delicious. Lierac Gentle Cleansing Milk can not only hold it's own with more expensive department store brands such as Babor, La Prairie and Chanel - it is better, and a far better value. The reason Lierac markets it's products in pharmacies is because it is a cosmeceutical, therefore, it should be available at pharmacies with all of the other health remedies. Even better, you can take advantage of drugstore promos and coupons! The next CVS store-wide Lierac Day is Friday, September 25 - you might as well get some free samples of this deluxe brand and see why it is the number one luxury anti-aging line in Europe!

Charlestongirl said...

Now that's an invitation, girlfriends! Next Tuesday, head over to your closest CVS Healthy Skincare Store (within the nicest CVS's) and get some samples!