Friday, May 7, 2010

The Friday Forum - May 7

There are few floral combinations I like more than roses and clematis. I have tried to plant them together throughout my garden. The lovely blue clematis and roses are a beautiful pairing, pleasing to my eye every time I glance their way. The photo above was taken in my garden this morning.

This is such a beautiful time of year! Even Charlie is enjoying it now that the screen panel he broke through has been replaced and he's no longer "grounded." He selects a chair in the sunshine, and he chills out watching the birds and squirrels, a happy cat pastime. I'll be joining him on the porch this afternoon as I finish reading Eiffel's Tower, a book by Jill Jonnes I'll be discussing with a group tomorrow.

I have resolved, now that my blog is 10 months old, to try to be a better blogger (and have zero typos)! Long ago, I mastered photography. Unfortunately, I am having trouble mastering makeup photography. Plus, I'd love to improve my feed. I've read every how-to article on earth, and I can't figure out how to do what I want to do (such as include the first photo). Time to get some professional advice! Thanks for sticking with me as I've "grown" in this space!

I'm ready for The Friday Forum! Most of you know, we "share" information in The Friday Forum. Are you using a fabulous product and want to sing its praises? Tell us about it! Did you find a beauty product disappointing? Tell us why! Do you have questions others might be able to answer? We can help! Want to talk about skin care? I'm game! Just use the comments. We have busy weekends and slow ones on the forum. Either way, I always enjoy hearing from you.

Have any special plans for Mother's Day? I'm going to buy a gift tomorrow (nothing like last-minute shopping), and Sunday I will make sure Mom enjoys a great dinner - at home since she has refused to go to a restaurant (too crowded).

As usual, I will share beauty bits with you over the weekend. I'll put them in the comments, so check for free shipping offers and other treats from beauty companies.

The microphone is yours!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your beautiful garden photo. Clematis and roses are a gorgeous combination!

Charlestongirl said...

Thank you! I wish they could bloom all year.

Unknown said...

wow, beautiful flowers! i sometimes wish i had my own house so i could do some gardening. as far as new products, i have been trying Tria anti-acne blue laser treatment for about a week now. i am very ambivalent about this product- i know i probably need to give it some more time. i get acne on a weekly basis, usually one or two spots- it takes weeks for them to go away and i scar since my skin is very light and sensitive. Tria laser dried out my acne in a couple of days but it did not lighten them so i still have red marks on my cheek. My combination skin is really dry and peeling now, so I cannot wear foundation. I also got a new break out on my chin ever after using Tria, so i guess it is not preventative. My face is sensitive to Tria serum, it makes my face bright red, so I only use it at night. I will keep using Tria because I am hoping dryness is a temporary thing and a way for me to get "new" skin.

Charlestongirl said...

Anna, if I were you, I would send an e-mail to Tria Beauty and ask them about your experience. I'll bet they send an answer.

Of course, it would cost even more, but you might want to get a dermatologist's opinion. I know that they tell many who start to use Retin-A that there's a period of adjustment in which the skin gets dry and flaky. For most, it's temporary. For me, it was severe (and not temporary), and my dermatologist finally told me to give up.

Tria says you'll see a significant reduction of breakouts within the first seven days, and in eight weeks you'll have noticeably healthier skin, with a more radiant complexion with smoother and refined texture.

They also say that during that time, you may temporarily experience some flaky skin. This means the TRIA System is working and is simply a natural sloughing of excess skin cells, which reveals a healthy, luminous layer of skin underneath.

I guess you need to judge from the severity of your symptoms whether to stick it out or return it.

Charlestongirl said...

LORACCosmetics.com is having a gloss blowout sale! All Mocktail and Lip Polish glosses are reduced. The Mocktails are $3!