Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Josie Maran Argan Protect Daily Sun Protection with SPF 40+

Among the many sun blocks available, there's one that's unique because it's SPF 40+ and infused with argan oil. Who makes it? Josie Maran, of course! Protect Daily Sun Protection with SPF 40+ ($32) was one of a batch of Josie Maran products I purchased not too long ago. I love it! I used it this weekend when I knew I would be exposed to brutal sun. The results? It worked - no sun damage for my pale face - not even a trace of redness! My face felt hydrated too.

Sun blocks are your skin's first defense against premature aging, sunburns, and the nasty hyperpigmentation that will develop when you get older (let's not even discuss skin cancer today). Josie Maran's natural formula physically blocks UVA rays that can cause up to 80% of premature aging. It also blocks the harmful UVB rays we encounter on sunny days or at the beach.

Unlike traditional sun blocks, the natural Protect Daily Sun Protection formula is infused with Josie’s signature ingredient, argan oil, which repairs and reverses damage caused by the sun, fights signs of aging, and improves skin tone for a radiant, renewed complexion. Argan oil has to be my miracle ingredient of the year. I can't believe it's so hydrating, yet those with oily skin and acne can join us dry skin types in using it with fabulous results.

Protect Daily Sun Protection is a daily-wear sun block for the face. The company says it provides protection levels superior to chemical-laden formulas. The active ingredients are titanium dioxide and zinc oxide - physical sun blocks. Naturally, there's argan oil, but it also includes organic or natural camellia leaf extract, aloe leaf extract, chamomile extract, pomegranate oil, and jojoba oil. It has a natural fragrance that's clean and mild.

This sun block is extra mild (my sensitive skin is happy) and absorbs quickly. It can also double as a great makeup primer, which alone makes it unique. Some sunscreens leave me a bit oily since they must be applied over moisturizer (I have super-dry skin, so it's hard to make me oily). Protect Daily Sun Protection is lightweight, PABA-free, and recommended for all skin types.

Rather than repeat myself about the virtues of argan oil, I'll direct you to my review of Josie Maran's Argan Oil and Argan Oil Primer Mist at this link. I've reviewed other argan oil products, and I love them all. Argan oil is a great source of antioxidants, vitamin E, and essential fatty acids. Our skin loves it.

As if Protect's many virtues aren't enough, it's housed in a pump dispenser, allowing you to dispense what you need and no more. Josie thought of everything!

There you have it - a rave review for my favorite new sun block! You can find Josie Maran's Protect Daily Sun Protection and her other wonder-products at the Josie Maran Web site and Sephora. Stay tuned. I have more to tell you about my Josie Maran purchases.

Photo courtesy of Josie Maran

4 comments:

Clarisse said...

These argan oil products and their natural composition are very appealing, I'll watch for their arrival at the French Sephora!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Clarisse,

Prepare to be very tempted. Josie Maran's products are so nice!

Resham said...

I saw their e/s...they were very soft and smooth...but their lippies had some kinda scent...not sure what...but they had some funky smell at Sephora

Charlestongirl said...

Unfortunately, store testers can turn rancid. There are many factors that can lead to this, including heat, light, and handling. I have a Josie Maran palette, which has not been mistreated, and it has no funky odor.

When I shop, I ask for products that have not been under intense lights (think lighted display cases anywhere). For example, the front display cases where department stores put new items. Products stored under intense light are often "prematurely aged." At Sephora, while light and heat may not have been a factor, handling could have been. It's unfortunate.