Friday, September 3, 2010

Tarte Celebrating 10 Years with a Gift Plus Emphasis on emphasEYES

Tarte, celebrating 10 glorious years, is sharing the love through this weekend! They are offering an unbelievable $10 off any purchase of $20 or more. Use the code BDAY through September 6 and experience Tarte's skinvigorating love! Effective, affordable, whimsical - cosmetics with a conscience - those are terms to come to my mind when I think about founder Maureen Kelly and her groundbreaking creations.

In June, I showed you Tarte's 10-Year Anniversary blockbusters, which were only available at Sephora at the time. I purchased them and hope you did too. If you didn't, there's no time like discount time to try TEN Natural Cheek Stain ($30) or At Ease Micronized Clay Calming Concealer with ARPM ($30). You can see a swatch of TEN Natural Cheek Stain at this BTiB link.

In July, Maureen's Favorites were featured - a value set filled with best sellers and new products in new, limited-edition shades!

In August, we took a look together at Tarte's revolutionary new LipSurgence Natural Matte Lip Stain ($24). LipSurgence is the only lip stain that has ever felt creamy after I applied it...hours after I applied it! My lips have to feel moist, or I am an unhappy gal. Use that discount and try LipSurgence! It has to be the current gold standard for lip stains. Or...

You could try a few emphasEYES Aqua-Gel Eyeliners! At only $18, you could buy two of the eight luscious shades.
The revolutionary emphasEYES Aqua-Gel Eyeliner captures the high-pigment concentration and staying power of a gel pot in an effortless pencil, no liner brush required! Even more unique is the proprietary formula that encapsulates rich mineral pigments in a 50% water concentration. By a process of hydrous pigmentation, cooling and refreshing pure water absorbs into the skin to hydrate and replenish the delicate eye area, leaving behind an intense, long-wearing, and pigment-rich color. Fortified with vitamin E, cucumber, and aloe, this soothing liner maintains moisture balance on the skin while treating it with healing free radical fighters.

Shown on my arm are three of the four shades I have worn: Green, Black, and Teal. I inadvertently left Navy at work, so I didn't swatch it (the first one I purchased is at work, where it's ready for a glam-up should I need one). Sorry about my artistic abilities; I drew a thick line so that you could see the shades well. Without a ruler, I ended up with wavy, uneven lines. Trust me; applying emphasEYES to your lids is easy! There's a lash line to follow.

No matter what look you'd like to create, there's an emphasEYES shade for you. It will stay with you all day. As soon as it sets, it's "there."

I'm sure you know that Tarte's wonderful cosmetics are formulated without the following ingredients we are all trying to avoid - and they are cruelty-free.
  • Parabens
  • Sulfates
  • Synthetic Fragrances
  • Synthetic Dyes
  • Petrochemicals
  • Phthalates
I love that about Tarte! That's why I keep buying. There's little I can resist (seriously, you should see my collection of Cheek Stains, and I want another limited-edition TEN!). Tarte is bookmarked on my computer!

When you visit the Tarte Web site, you should check out Tarte Tokens, a new loyalty program to reward you for shopping. Not only does Tarte give back to its customers, the company gives back to Mother Earth. With the purchase of every Tarte product that incorporates the t5 super fruit complex, customers help preserve the Amazon Rainforest through forest conservation, improved living conditions, and educational opportunities for communities in Brazil. Tarte's supporting the Sustainable Amazon Partnership (SAP), a public and private collaboration to promote lasting sustainable management of the Brazilian Amazon Rainforest, making contributions to SAP throughout the year. Some may think of beauty as frivolous; I think of it as an investment in our future when I shop with companies dedicated to the environment.

Take advantage of Tarte's weekend birthday offer and pick out a few Tarte goodies to treat yourself for Labor Day. We work hard - we deserve it. Happy birthday to Maureen and the Tarte team! I'll make sure to raise a glass (or two) to toast their success as I relax and wait for my Tarte order to arrive.

Photo and liners courtesy of Tarte

No comments: