Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Bobbi Brown Sweet Nectar Rich Lip Color SPF 12

In February, I told you about Bobbi Brown's new super-hit lipstick, Rich Lip Color SPF 12 ($22). I've bought five of them since then. I love this lipstick. It's vying for my favorite full-color lipstick for spring.

When we went to the blogger party at Neiman Marcus Mazza Gallerie, my lovely Bobbi Brown friends gave me a color that was about to debut, Sweet Nectar. She also gave one to Elvira at Pink Sith, where you may have seen Sweet Nectar featured.

Now, you can buy Sweet Nectar, and if you want to build a coral spring - the color of the moment - you should seek it out. The color in the tube is close to the shade shown above left, taken from Bobbi Brown's Web site. To my eye, the tube portrays a shade that is a bit darker and more coral - and intriguing.

Rich Lip Color SPF 12 is lightweight, but intense. Hard to believe that those two contrasting adjectives apply, but they do. Bobbi's latest formula combines pigments with a clear base to deliver pure, crisp color with just one swipe. Plus, it's creamy and moisturizing, so lips feel as good as they look. Rich Lip Color is available in 13 beautiful shades.

Here's a swatch of Sweet Nectar at right, taken in outdoor sunlight. Normally, coral lipsticks aren't my best shades. Maybe they are too warm for me; maybe I just can't get used to them; maybe they remind me of the orange shag carpet I had in my apartment when I was in graduate school. I shudder when I remember that shade of the 70's.

Sweet Nectar looks good on me! Combined with the pink of my lips - and with just a hint of pink that doesn't show in my swatch photo - it warms me up without overwhelming me. I'm really glad to have it - another option for this color lover.

I love Bobbi Brown's new Rich Lip Color, and I'll bet you will too. While Lilac continues to be my favorite among the gorgeous colors, I wanted to introduce you to Sweet Nectar. I can't always show you pink and peach lipsticks!

You can purchase Rich Lip Color SPF 12 at Bobbi Brown's Web site, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom - any Bobbi Brown counter. If you haven't played with the new Rich Lip Colors, you should. They are a treat.

Photo at top courtesy of Bobbi Brown

9 comments:

waftbyCarol said...

Gorgeous !
if any of them don't work for you , let me know . Did you get the list I e-mailed you ?
Must go find these , I am a real Bobbi Brown fangirl !

Eileen said...

Nothing says summer quite like coral and BB really knows how to create beautiful ones. Her island inspired coral collection from last summer was a huge hit out here in So Cal. My Shimmer Brick in Nectar and Pot Rouge in Calypso Coral were in constant use. In fact, I pulled them out of my "off season" storage chest just the other day to see if they'd be putting in a return appearance in my summer rotation--they will! I'll have to replace the pot rouge as it's seen better days, but I'm sure that won't be a problem. For me, it's the perfect pink/coral.

lovethescents said...

This looks beautiful! Thank you for the review. I'm in need of a soft coral since I went nuts and bought Clarins Clementine lipstick: perfect for going grocery shopping with our newborn and toddler :-)

Clarisse said...

Lovely, lovely, lovely!..that's just what I feared:I won't be able to choose and I'll end up buying at least six of those BB lipsticks!
And I have already fallen for some irresistible Chanel Coco shine: the mystery of the desperate addiction to lipsticks...:-)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Carol!

It is very pretty.

I didn't get a list from you in e-mail, and now I'm dying to know what I missed!

Every one of these I have purchased worked. My total fave is Lilac. I think it's Sabrina's fave too.

Charlestongirl said...

Eileen, we are birds of a feather. I had just pulled out last spring's BB coral collection too! Amazing.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Clarisse,

We are so jealous that you already have Rouge Coco Shine. I fear I will end up buying eight of them! I have seen the color swatches, and they are so pretty.

Check out BB's Lilac - my absolute favorite of them - if you want to "contain" your spending. :)

Mamavalveeta03 said...

I've got my list all made out for Spring: Sweet Nectar and Heather Pink, and maybe Lilac Rich Lip Color;
Touch-up stick (a little "life safer in a tube"!!);Antigua Shimmer Bronzer (highly recommended by MUA Sandy Linter, who has a new book out--AMAZING pics of my favorite models of yore!); and some Natural Finish Long Lasting foundation (or the new EXTRA one..or BOTH!).

Charlestongirl said...

You are so funny, Mama Val! I don't make lists, I just buy...and buy. I'm bad.

I have Antigua, and I adore it. BB has a lovely GWP right now online. I had to have it. So, I bought some things I don't have.