Friday, March 4, 2011

The Friday Forum - March 4

I love it when the snowdrops bloom! Accompanied by crocuses, they are our first concrete sign that winter is going to end and spring is around the corner. We have started to have some pretty days, and while the weather seesaws in March, we can usually kiss the harshest weather goodbye.

I feel like I "lost" the winter after my surgery, which is a good thing. Like my father when he was alive, I have grown to hate winter and its inconveniences. Just today, I had guys at my house repairing panels of an old fence that had collapsed under the weight of the heavy snow and fierce winds we had in January.

Yesterday, I had my second fun outing in the last few weeks. Jawn Marques, Creative Director of Fresh, along with Alyson O'Brien (our regional Fresh account executive) were at Neiman Marcus at Tysons Galleria. Jawn gave me (and my friend Berry) a mini-facial and makeup application, and I loved what he did! I went to physical therapy from there, and everyone commented on how good I looked. I was sure they wouldn't recognize me! I will tell you all about it in the next day.

What's new in your life? It's time for The Friday Forum. We use the forum to share information and chat. Did you find any deals you couldn't resist this week? Are you using a fabulous product and want to sing its praises? Did you find a beauty product disappointing? Do you have a question others might be able to answer? Want to talk about skin care? Just use the comments. Don't be shy. Just make sure to ask any question you might have over the weekend. By Monday, most readers have moved on.

Don't forget that I have a giveaway contest that ends tomorrow. You can enter to win Angelina Jolie's favorite Chantecaille lip gloss. Just click on this link.

Thanks for reading Best Things in Beauty! Got anything you want to talk about?

Photo courtesy of canalphotos.org

7 comments:

Frances said...

Hi, Thanks for the great posts this week! I could not resist Chanticalle's Sea Turtles palette after you (and others) showed us how lovely it is. Also to take advantage of the beauty event at Nieman's I got the Bobbi Brown/Tibi collection. I am really looking forward to these!

Have a great weekend! I am hoping for springlike weather.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Frances! Happy Friday!

Thank you. There has been so much gorgeous makeup this season, I've been stunned (and my wallet has been cleaned out!). That Bobbi Collection is so nice, and the Sea Turtle Palette is not only gorgeous, it benefits a great cause. Nice choices!

Mamavalveeta03 said...

I can really feel for you, because I "lost the summer" due to my bone spur/achilles tendon surgery. It is hard to be inactive, still be in pain 5 months after the surgery, not to mention carrying a lot of extra weight since I'm not exercising. My pleasure is in reading my favorite bloggers (Vous!) and perusing the new Spring makeup collections--JOY!!!

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks. That sounds gruesome, Val! You have to do those exercises! I hate doing them, but I know I have to, so I do. :)

Eileen said...

Today has been a busy one. I've begun looking for a new outfit to wear to my son's graduation from law school. I won't need it until late April, but I thought I'd start checking out the spring looks now while I have the luxury of time on my side. I find it's also a good idea to make contact with the SA's so they can let me know when something interesting comes in. The graduation will be held outside in San Diego's Balboa Park and the weather should be ideal that time of year. But then there is also a dinner party that evening, so I'll need two outfits. I told my son I was giving him fair warning that I'd be taking over his closet space and his bathroom :-)

Tomorrow I'll be attending a Lancôme event. It will be nice to see how a Lancôme MA interprets spring for me. I'm really looking forward to selecting some of those lovely shadow/liner palettes you reviewed.

Take care and have a wonderful weekend everyone.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Eileen,

I love shopping opportunities. What better reason than your son's graduation! San Diego in late April sounds perfect.

We have such useless Lancome counters at most of my local department stores, I avoid them and do my own thing - often online. I usually know more about the products they are about to receive than they do! Sad. Hope they got a good MUA - and that you have fun!

Happy weekend!

Charlestongirl said...

30% off at Laura Geller today only (Saturday)! No code needed.