Monday, May 23, 2011

Sneak Peek: Giorgio Armani Beauty Gloss d'Armani

Gloss d'Armani is Giorgio Armani Beauty's newest lip gloss. Many months ago, the stores got the heads up that their "old" stocks of lip gloss would be replaced. I've been eagerly awaiting news of the new glosses, and now Armani Beauty's Facebook page has heralded the "arrival" of the glosses with this dynamite photo and teaser information. Sadly, Neiman Marcus doesn't have the glosses yet. Here's what I found on Facebook.

Armani's exclusive Color-Fil Shine technology allows the texture of Gloss d’Armani to be compared to a weave that gently and lastingly adorns the lips. The secret ingredient, the Color Bond Polymer already found at the heart of Rouge d’Armani, has the ability to form a supple mesh that traps pigments and pearlescent particles. Thanks to its translucent formula base, the texture gives "full expression" to color.

Mirror oils (I have no idea what they are) increase its shine, while silicon oil leaves it silky-smooth and non-sticky. The comfortable, stay-fast color is like a second skin that The company says remains true for eight hours without fading or migrating. I won't get eight hours out of any lip product, but the long-lasting promise is heartening, particularly for a lip gloss.

They whet my appetite. How about yours?

Photo courtesy of Giorgio Armani Beauty

14 comments:

BelleBelle said...

Armani glosses have always been my favorite.... Sounds like I don't have to worry about not loving these as much! I can't wait :)

Hopelessly Devoted To Makeup said...

Oh.My.God. Yes!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi BelleBelle!

I don't think any of us will worry about not liking them. I need to protect my wallet!

Charlestongirl said...

LOL, Hopelessly Devoted!

That's how I felt.

Eileen said...

When I went to get the Mediterranean quad last weekend, the SA told me about the new line that would be coming out. She was very enthusiastic and said if I loved the old gloss, I'd positively flip over the new one. I better start putting those pennies aside. I know that as soon as I see your review, I'll be a goner!

Charlestongirl said...

I'm planning too, Eileen. At least they will be around for awhile. We can buy 2-3 at a time. :)

luv2smilexo said...

I can't believe I still haven't tried the rouge d'armani lipsticks. I need to go grab me one of each when these babies come out!

Unknown said...

Something else for me to stalk the Neiman Marcus website for!!! Can't wait to try these.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi luv2smilexo!

Hey, makeup lover, what's been holding you up? :)

Charlestongirl said...

PerilouslyPale,

I'm stalking too at times. Get a sales associate who will call you. That way, you won't have to check every day.

Mamavalveeta03 said...

I'm totally gloss-crazy and whenever I need a pick-me-up, I buy a new gloss!! Sounds like Armani is just the ticket!

Dlori said...

These are absolutely gorgeous. Which colors are you leaning toward purchasing? They're all so pretty but I can rely on your choices to make the best purchases. Also, is the gorgeous palette by Armani that you wrote about earlier this year called HEAT? I fell in love with the palette you reviewed and I thought the name was heat. Am I correct!

Dlori
kleimanlaw at aol dot com

Silverstargirl said...

Loveeeeeeeeee it :)

Charlestongirl said...

Three comments in one...

Dlori, the Heat Palette is the Mediterranean quad for eyes. I liked to so much,I bought two.

MamaVal...me too. Isn't it funny how a lip gloss or lipstick can change your whole day?

Silverstargirl, I love your reaction!

All, I haven't seen the shades in person and I learned one thing: Better to choose in person than online if you can. I know I won't be able to live without the third from right in the photo, though. Knowing Armani, the dark colors won't be as dark as they appear in the photo. Could be wrong, but...