Monday, June 25, 2012

Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Chic and Parfait from Les Essentials de Chanel for Fall 2012

Chanel is featuring two beautiful Rouge Coco Shines ($32.50) with its Les Essentials de Chanel Collection for Fall 2012. I had to have them both. Chic (#73, shown at left) and Parfait (#74, shown at right) are both gorgeous.

Rouge Coco Shine Hydrating Sheer Lipshine provides lasting, moisturizing color in a water-light texture. The formula glides on for easy application, and a unique "Hydratendre" complex hydrates and softens lips, giving them a healthier and fuller appearance. These relatively new lipsticks are available in a complete range of shades, from delicate beiges to dazzling berries, with a hint of shimmer to enhance their glossy finish. The shimmer is wonderful; I wish it lasted longer on my lips, but I'll take what I can get. The color itself is long-lasting.

Both of fall's Rouge Coco Shine shades are very sheer, which suits me nicely. The Rouge Coco and Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss shades in the collection are pigmented, so I can wear them if I want more color.

Peter Philips featured natural lip colors with the crazy bejeweled eyebrows on the models who walked the runway for Chanel's Fall 2012 RTW Collection. If you want to see the zany eyebrows, check out Allure's video here. Only a man would think of gluing sequins and jewels to women's eyebrows. Fortunately, the rest of their look was easy and natural.

My swatch photos were taken in full sun. Chic is shown at the top of my arm, with Parfait below.  Chic appears to be a light-to-medium brown in the tube, and it applies as a sheer nude (beige golden sheen with a gold shimmer) on my lips. It's so amazingly pretty I am going to order another - maybe two more. I must have one to carry in my handbag. It's a go-with-everything shade. Those with dark lip tones may feel it's too colorless - better to pick another shade in that case.

Parfait is just as pretty. It's a pink-lover's pink, tender, not too cool, not too warm (pink with shimmer galore). It's a peachy-pink in the tube, so it may look different on different lip tones. On my lips? Magnifique! I'm almost certain to purchase another Parfait too. These lip colors are absolutely perfect for now, and they will carry me into fall when I want a strong eye (sans jeweled eyebrows, though).

I'm expecting the fall colors to go up on Chanel.com any moment. Today, Chanel.com doesn't have the fall collection online, but many Chanel counters have received it. Among them are Bergdorf Goodman and certain Neiman Marcus stores. If you need a name and phone contact, I provided it to readers in the comments associated with the Rose Initiale Joues Contraste Powder Blush feature below (just scroll down).

Photos by Best Things in Beauty

10 comments:

Elysse said...

Poor girls, those eyebrows look so unflattering.

They are very sheer I have to say. And it still feels weird seeing autumn colours so early!

Running with Scissors said...

I bought one of these in Bonheur. I just looooove it... super exy here in Oz, but totally worth it. I'm deciding what colour to get next...

LoveSugarBabyDoll said...

Alas- the Rouge Coco Shine only last minutes on me. I can barely make it out the door and to the car without the color disappearing.
:(
No more for me.

Eileen said...

I really, really like Parfait. As soon as I swatched it, I told my favorite SA to add it to my loot for pick up on the 11th (Nordstom anniversary pre-sale). On my medium rose lips, it creates extra dimension by adding a sheer tint of shimmering color that gives me the appearance of smoother, fuller lips. I'm totally addicted to lip balm (love Jack Black) so I'm constantly swiping something on my lips anyway. It might as well be a lovely tinted one like Chanel's Shine.

Apropos Shine's fleeting, barely there colors: Shine is famous--or infamous, depending on your point of view--for being sheer. Some of the deeper colors pack a bit of a punch and leave a stain of color on the lips, but most of them simply provide a transparent veil of shining, sheer color that interacts with the natural lip color. The price we pay for Shine's feel and look is product that is fleeting on the lips. It is what it is. Woman who can't be bothered with frequent reapplication or who want more opaque color can look to the plethora of beautiful options that are available.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Odyssey,

Aren't those eyebrows horrific? Not only that, can you imagine ripping that glue off?

Charlestongirl said...

Christy, there are so many pretty shades in Rouge Coco Shine, you'll have plenty of choices.

Charlestongirl said...

Bummer, LSBD. I get pretty decent wear time from it.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Eileen,

I agree. I'm also balm-addicted, so why not wear a colorful one?

bisbee said...

I'm thinking about the other lipstick you reviewed - these look like there is little or no color payoff, so I'll let them go with no regrets!

Anonymous said...

I have really dark lips and wear lip glosses only as color looks horrible on me. Do you think Chic will work? It seems more like a very sheer muted lip gloss.