Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Chantecaille Radiance Gel Bronzer

Chantecaille's new bronzer, Radiance Gel Bronzer ($54), arrived at my doorstep last week. I'd been waiting for it to launch, and as soon as it did, I pounced. Ordering right before the latest special offer (a full-size Les Bijoux Eyeliner Palette free with a $200 purchase), it was destined to be mine as soon as possible. I must have every new Chantecaille introduction.

The weightless and ultra-moisturizing formula blends into the skin easily, adding a touch of sun to my complexion without the look of makeup. It's extremely natural. Plus, it comes with skin-care benefits, the norm for Chantecaille.

Raspberry stem cells repair DNA damage and prevent inflammation and free radical damage. Bearberry complex provides anti-glycation and antioxidant protection. A new polymer provides extraordinary smoothness, a natural finish, and luminosity for 12 hours or more. Additionally, the vegetal-dervied squalane improves the skin's elasticity (and no animals were harmed).

Featured as one of People StyleWatch June issue’s “sun-kissed makeup” picks, this liquid gel hybrid bronzer will enhance any tan, giving your skin a radiant après beach glow. Or it will make you look like you took that trip to the beach - all without leaving home. The weightless formula can be worn under or over Chantecaille's Ultra Sun Protection, with its SPF 50 PA+++, or your favorite foundation.

I knew you would want to see the color.  I took my swatch photos in full, late-afternoon sun. I applied a very small bit of the gel with my finger and did not blend it well. I was aiming for a large swatch. I tried to get a few exposures to show you the beautiful golden tan shade, appropriate for pale faces, like mine, as well as darker complexions. I have experimented with Radiance Gel Bronzer, wearing it three ways so far: 1) mixed with my moisturizer, 2) instead of foundation, and 3) as a contouring product to chisel my facial features. It aced all three tests, making me look really nice (if I'm allowed to throw myself a compliment). I love the slight glow, and the color has absolutely no mud in it when applied.

You can build the color with this bronzer, but I prefer a light application, which looks natural on my skin. I was surprised that this bronzer is a one-shade-fits-all color, but I think it's going to work for almost everyone. The darkest complexions may find it too light.

I knew I'd love it. After all, it was created by Chantecaille. I had no idea how much - until I tried it. Now I need to have a second tube in reserve, and it's a good time to buy. Maybe I can score the GWP at Neiman Marcus Camp Gorgeous.

If you'd like to see Radiance Gel Bronzer before you buy, it is arriving at Chantecaille counters as I write. Check it out! If you'd like to have Chantecaille's amazing GWP, order online soon. Those GWPs disappear within seconds - as soon as the supply is exhausted.

Photo at top courtesy of Chantecaille; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

17 comments:

Laetitia said...

Great feature! This looks amazing. It's nice to see Chantecaille has included the raspberry stem cells from the biodynamic serum. I gave myself a biodynamic face mask treatment last night -- sometimes I wonder why I ever stray from this brand.

Anonymous said...

If it's not too much trouble, could you share the list of ingredients? Can't find it anywhere and have to watch for certain things. This looks beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Oooh!!! I need to get this! It looks perfect!

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, Laetitia,

I adore the brand - and the people from Chantecaille.

Charlestongirl said...

Anonymous, it's too much to type. I will attempt to scan it soon and post the link.

Charlestongirl said...

Tracy, you will love it, I predict. :)

Kriselie said...

I fell in love with it as soon as I opened your email on my inbox and saw the title :-)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Kriselie,

That's how I felt when Chantecaille told me about it. Instant love!

Charlestongirl said...

Anonymous, I'm sorry. I tried to scan it, but I can't read the scan. The print is too small. If you would like to ask about a particular ingredient, please do. Otherwise, I'd suggest you contact Chantecaille Customer Support. It's just too much for me to type out.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for trying! Are there any PEG's or parabens? Those are the main ones I try to avoid. Thanks again for all the great swatches and reviews.
Mary (Anon)

Charlestongirl said...

Mary, the ingredients do list Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone and PEG-30 Dipolyhydroxstearate.

Anonymous said...

Thank you! At least it saves me some money (maybe... it's lovely and it is paraban free!).
Mary

Ida said...

Raspberry stem cells?! Have they got any idea how completely moronic that sounds? They make women look even more moronic when they fall for that pseudo science crap. That being said...the colour looks amazing, but I would never buy the product because of that write-up.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Ida,

Read this and see if your opinion changes. http://www.cosmeticsandtoiletries.com/formulating/ingredient/antiirritant/97334684.html

Cheers!

Ida said...

No it doesn't. I do this science-stuff every single day being a med student and all, and this is utter rubbish. There is no way that this can penetrate the epidermis (which are DEAD cells - the stratum corneum, lucidum and stratum granulosum have no living cells). This may or may not have worked in the lab. That doesn't mean it works on living human beings. You would have to have this injected into your skin to have any effect, if it would have any. Which I seriously doubt.

I just cannot believe that people buy into this. I seriously hope people will buy this for its pretty color and not the pseudo science.

Charlestongirl said...

Ida, A couple of things...

I don't want my products tested on animals. I agree that just because it tests in a lab it's not necessarily going to work in real life. However, my skin reacts very nicely to Chantecaille skin care.

As you probably know, many beauty companies are side-stepping the FDA these days. I have written about how before. It's an interesting subject! :) I won't name names.

Anonymous said...

Lovely swatches! I'm very fair and wondered if the gel would mix well with my Lancome Renergie foundation.
Thanks!