Friday, June 22, 2012

Coming Attraction: Le Métier de Beauté Pallid Incandescents Kaleidoscope Eye Kit

Here's Dustin Lujan's new Le Métier de Beauté Pallid Incandescents Kaleidoscope Eye Kit ($95), a collection of fun summer hues inspired by the complexity of light! This Kaleidoscope will be exclusive to Bergdorf Goodman, and I predict it will fly out of there.

Noting soft resplendent hues of natural lighting, such as the crepuscular rays of lightning bugs, to something as whimsical as a sunset. Then moving into the night with a vivid electric shock of neon bulbs and glowing street lights. This is truly a look for pastel days and neon nights. Whether you'll be out and about as a gleaming goddess or an ethereal vixen, the hues and tones will be perfect to bring light into your eyes. The pastel hues will intermix and light up the entire face. Set your summer aglow and come into the light with the Pallid Incandescents Kaleidoscope Eye Kit.

Here's how Dustin recommends you wear Pallid Incandescents. This Kaleidoscope can be used with Le Métier de Beauté's classic use of couches de couleur to give a soft lavender hue or used in reverse to achieve a more vidid look. "I really want to encourage color placement with four great shades that can be used together or alone," said Dustin. Use this palette for day with Refresh or Revive Eye Base and Noir Liquid Liner, or vamp it up for night with Noir Dualistic Eye Pencil Base with Aqua or Blue Liquid Liner. For day, use the Face Blush Kaleidoscope with Palm Springs Moisture Stain Lipstick and Creme Caramel Lip Crème. For night, use Fresh Blush and Vamp up the Lip with Uma Paro Moisture Stain Lipstick then top it off with Hibiskiss Sheer Brilliance Lip Gloss. The model below is wearing the night look designed by Dustin.

I'm on the waiting list. Are you? If not, call (212) 872-8612. Pallid Incandescents is expected to arrive the first week in July.

Photos courtesy of Dustin Lujan and  Le Métier de Beauté

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi charlestongirl,
i'm waiting too!
quite refreshing n different from the recent le metier kaleidoscopes right?
may i ask for your opinion on chauvet eye kit after owning it for awhile?
i'm still considering it, would appreciate your kind reply.
tk care!
eunice

Eileen said...

Oh dear! What an unfortunate name for any makeup! Pallid? Really? Wan, pale, washed out, lacking in luster, insipid, feeble, colorless, jaundiced, etc. What on earth was LMdB thinking when they named this collection? I get the pastel and neon concept of the set, but pallid's connotation is paleness caused by weakness or illness. In short, describing something as pallid is definitely not a compliment.

On the positive side, it does appear that LMdB has decided to break out of their rut. The Kaliedoscopes were becoming a regular snooze fest.

Jbop said...

I want! I thought pallid meant muted or soft...

Charlestongirl said...

You are all a riot! I asked Dustin if it's too late to change the name. He said yes too late, but to him "pallid" means pastel. He wanted the connotation of light created by pale, flattering color.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Eunice,

I haven't used it a lot. I am spot using the second shade from the top. The red tone on the top makes me look tired.

Charlestongirl said...

Eileen, that's Dustin's creative license. We are going to have to change the dictionary!

Charlestongirl said...

Hey, jbop!

Ignore the name. :)

Eileen said...

Hi Charlestongirl,

Yes, I think this name is going to generate more than a few laughs. It's like someone looked in a thesaurus for an unusual synonym for pale, but didn't take into consideration the different shades of meaning. After all, who aspires to a pallid complexion, with jaundiced tone, washed out eyes, wan cheeks, and colorless lips? Not me! :-D At lunch today, my gal pals were all laughing about it. We decided to call it "Convelescent Chic" LOL

Charlestongirl said...

Eileen,

I am now in total hysterics. Charlie thinks I've lost it. Between you and Dustin, it has been quite a name game.

Yin said...

Thank you for posting early about this!!! I just called Dustin and ordered it :) woot!

Dustin Lujan said...

Hello! I'm afraid I'm breaking my own carnal rule by posting a comment on a blog. I Just wanted to state that the name is all me. I love the use of a double entendre as you have seen in my past collections. I chalk it up to the old scenario of the glass being half full or half empty. I like to keep it light hearted and able to open up a conversation while keeping the color selection killer! I myself have a little chuckle and am glad there is a little humor involved. Any one who knows me knows I'm quite the jokester. Thank you so much for your comments and insight.
xoxo, Dustin Lujan

PS Eileen I do always appreciate your sharp eye and always informed intelligent insight. Thanks again!

Eileen said...

Hi Dustin,

Name aside, you can be assured that many of us will definitely be rocking "Convelescent Chic" :-) The palette really is beauitful.

Eileen said...

Dustin, you really are a jokester. I just re-read your comment about breaking your "carnal" rule and couldn't stop laughing. Carnal/cardinal--too funny :-)

Dustin Lujan said...

I try! lol Carnal meaning that I hunt blogs and suppress my wild appetite to interject! Totally intended! I think you may be one of my new favorite people!

Charlestongirl said...

I woke up to this conversation. Crashed early last night...very early.

I'm sitting here laughing out loud while Charlie is trying to have neutered cat sex on my lap. It's quite a scene.

Cindy's Societal said...

I love the lip on the model as well as her eye look! :)

Charlestongirl said...

Dustin, darling, you know we love you!

Charlestongirl said...

Glad you made the list, Yin!

Charlestongirl said...

With directions already provided by Dustin, Cindy, you can recreate it. :)

lov2read68 said...

What a fantastic, fun conversation to read this afternoon! I love Dustin's sense of humor & his approach to color! I really like that the colors he selected are noticeably different than some of their recent kaleidoscope offerings! And Eileen I love "Convalescent Chic"!