Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Edward Bess Ultra Slick Lipstick: New Shades

Edward Bess Ultra Slick Lipstick ($32) is described as seductive, a way to accent the curves of your lips with irresistible, radiant color. The creamy, long-wearing formula delivers superior hydration (really, it's not "just a claim"). Ultra Slick smoothes and shapes the lips with an exclusive treatment for a sensual pout. I like the way it feels on my lips, and it's as long-lasting as any "long-lasting" lipsticks I like (meaning they feel good).

Imagine my excitement when I saw on Facebook that there were new shades available! I ordered at Sephora right away, but still didn't get one of the new shades I wanted, Lotus Bloom. It sold out that quickly (perhaps it hasn't arrived yet since it is listed as out of stock). I was able to get Night Jasmine (#21) and Naked Truth ($23). You can see Edward's swatches at Facebook. Those swatches helped me decide.

In my photo above, Night Jasmine is shown at left, with Naked Truth at right. Night Jasmine immediately summons the scents of Charleston, South Carolina, Edward's birthplace and one of my favorite cities in the world. I swatched them in that order, with Night Jasmine at the top of my arm, and Naked Truth below. My photos were taken in full late-afternoon sun.

The two shades could not be more different. Night Jasmine is a rich, mauve-red shade that sits right on the border of my darkness comfort zone. It's a beautiful color for fall or winter evenings. If you love rich, pigmented lip colors, this one will thrill you.

Naked Truth is a nude-beige shade that's perfect for the here and now. I like the slight peachy pink hue that takes it from boring beige to a beautiful lip color. Interestingly (to me), Naked Truth also sits right on the border of my lip color preferences - this one on the light end. Any lighter, and it would be too light for my lips and favorite looks.

I've been wearing these two shades together, using a two-step process. I apply Night Jasmine and then blot most of it off, leaving a mauve stain. Then I apply Naked Truth. The result is stunning.

All of the Ultra Slick Lipsticks offer rich pigmentation and a satin finish. They aren't flat matte, but they aren't particularly shiny either. Most of the shine you see in my photos is from direct sunlight.

You too can become an Edward Bess groupie - even if you don't have a local source. Edward Bess makeup and skin care is available at Sephora. If you want help from Edward Bess representatives, just give Susan or Jennifer a call at (212) 872-8826 at Bergdorf Goodman. They provide professional and friendly assistance.

There are also new lip gloss shades. I purchased a couple and will show you them when I can get photos.

Photos by Best Things in Beauty

6 comments:

Elysse said...

Night Jasmine. It's such a beautiful name, I'd want to have it even without knowing what it actually looks like. What can go wrong with a name like that? The colour is like the jasmine's mauve stripes, too. Gorgeous!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Odyssey!

I do love the name. Jasmine is so heady at night. It's perfect!

Nida Moughal said...

oh I love the nude one!

Charlestongirl said...

It's really pretty, Nida! Can't go wrong with Edward Bess. Love his lip colors!

lov2read68 said...

I haven't tried Edward Bess yet. Night Jasmine is gorgeous! And there are a couple of reds that I've seen swatches of that are stunning - Eternal Passion & Midnight Bloom. Love his names!

Jane said...

Uff da, you're a better woman than I - I'm strictly a one-step lipstick kind of gal. I wonder how Night Jasmine compares to Bobbi Brown's Slopes lipstick; I prefer the EB formula to the BB formula. Wish EB was in more doors!