Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Le Métier de Beauté Oak Street Beach Kaleidoscope Eye Kit

I don't really have much information about Le Métier de Beauté's limited-edition Oak Street Beach Kaleidoscope Eye Kit ($95). It's a counter-exclusive to the Neiman Marcus Northbrook store in Illinois. I wanted to show you the photo so that you can order it from the store in Illinois if you'd like to have one. The alternative is to ask your favorite Neiman Marcus Le Métier de Beauté representative to chase it down for you.

I'd like to have it, but I haven't jumped yet. I just purchased Chauvet Pont d'Arc, and I must try to impose some disciple on my purchasing habits. That's why I didn't purchase all three of the Saks exclusives last month. What's a gal to do?

Photo courtesy of Le Métier de Beauté

10 comments:

Kate said...

Hi Charlestongirl,

I was curious about this kaleidoscope, so I looked at LMdB's Facebook page to see what people were saying about it. According to Renee Fisher (who looks like she may have created the kaleidoscope), it sold out on Monday. I don't know when it arrived, but it seems like it went fast. I am losing track of all the counter exclusives! I have not bought an eye kaleidoscope since Antiquite Poupee, and I was considering this one. Looks like I am a day late and a dollar (or 95 of them) short!

Thanks for posting about it!

Kate

Isla said...

It looks really warm toned...and more like fall colors (not that I care that much about "seasonal" colors). But I see three orange (well peach, bronzey-brown, apricot) in there...

Tatiana said...

I am so over LMdB's limited-editions. I'm still waiting for my Saks exclusive kaleidoscope to arrive. I'm at the point where I look at the photos you and other bloggers post and say to myself, "those colors are nice" and then just move on. I want to say there's something from this line that I absolutely can't live without, but truth be told, there isn't. Money saved.

Anonymous said...

I purchased this k-scope but haven't used it yet. It's too pretty to mess up! It appears warm and the teal is a very unique color.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Kate!

That likely means very few were delivered. Thanks for the news. I can move on mentally.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Isla,

Yes, but the shadows sometimes apply a bit differently than they appear. I'd love to have tried it!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Tatiana,

Totally understand! Sometimes, it's just too hard.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Anonymous,

Please let us know what you think.

Anonymous said...

I purchased this over the weekend as my SA called and said they had 1 in stock. I was more drawn to this because of the "warmer colors", but mainly because of the teal shade. I haven't decided if it's a dupable shade, but I still really like it.

My only gripe is that the colors don't seem to blend as easily with this kalidescope as others. Perhaps it's my primer.

Anonymous said...

I was wondering between Oak Street Beach, chauvet pont d'arc and on the coast which one would you recommend and why? Chauvert and on the coast seem very similar in color; are they unuque enough or are they very similar to each other?