Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Le Métier de Beauté's Multitasking Mulberrry True Colour Eye Shadow

Le Métier de Beauté's True Colour Eye Shadow ($30) in Mulberry is a multitasking wonder. Designed and marketed as an eye shadow - a gorgeous eye shadow - it's also a contour shade and a perfect bronzer for the face. Who would have known?

I have used Le Métier de Beauté's shadows as blushes, so I wonder why I didn't think to try Mulberry on my face. I could never wear Fire Lily on my eyes, but it's gorgeous on my face when used as a blush. Now I know to use Mulberry on my face too, thanks to Janice Valitutti (who is new to Le Métier de Beauté, but an industry veteran, most recently working for Chanel). Let this be a lesson. Play with your makeup! If a shade doesn't work for your eyes, try it on your face (well, not blue or green unless you want to emulate Lady Gaga).

Janice had given me a delightful facial about 10 days ago, and afterwards she applied my makeup. She did a fabulous job! I was delighted with her color selections. She used Mulberry to soften my square jaw. It looked so natural, I was amazed. As you'll see from my swatch photos below, Mulberry is a subdued color, and it's not pink/purple as one might expect from its name.

I took my swatch photos in full sun. I applied a stripe at the top of my arm by applying Mulberry heavily with a sponge tipped applicator. Then I used a dense blush brush to apply the larger swatch below. Any way you look at Mulberry, it's a gorgeous eye color. For us fair-skinned types, it's an equally gorgeous face color. It could not be more natural (or subtle) on my face. Those contours Janice created looked like me!

As I'm sure you know, Le Métier de Beauté's full range of complimentary and highly-blendable eye shadow shades can be used alone or in combination to give a radiant dimension to the eyes. Their superior finely pressed quality provides truly buildable color. You can smooth them together for subtle gradations or layer colors and use them one atop another, in semi-translucent layers, for a beautiful dimensional effect. They apply perfectly evenly, with weightless pigments that offer strong coverage and are available in matte, shimmer, and satin finishes. You may remember that I was on a quest last year to collect all the shades. My quest isn't complete, but I'm starting to get close.

You can find True Colour Eye Shadows wherever Le Métier de Beauté is sold. Another benefit? These are permanent colors in the line.

Photos by Best Things in Beauty

10 comments:

Mamavalveeta03 said...

While I think I would still wear it as eyeshadow, it is a lovely color...and kind of hard to peg, which is why it works well as contour or bronzer, I'm sure.

Judith DM said...

Gorgeous! I am ordering it right now!

Judith DM said...

HELP! Where to buy? Not at Nordstrom! Online? I MUST have, although I do have Edward Bess Mystery....I want everything you write about, but rarely pounce! Now I want to pounce and cannot find. Any suggestions, online? Anywhere!

yesplease1816 said...

Lol, when you said she applied it to your face, I was only looking at the compact photo and thought "oh my goodness...this could be bad". But after seeing the swatch photos, I can totally see how that would look amazing on you. I must try it!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi MamaVal!

Play with it. You'll see. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Hope you love it too, Judith!

Charlestongirl said...

Oops, Judith. Order it from Neiman Marcus. Or call at (202) 966-9700, extension 2258.

Charlestongirl said...

Let us know, yesplease, if you like it! I sure do.

Judith DM said...

Not on NM website or Nordstrom, will call, I WANT! Thank you so!

Willi said...

Hello! I ordered Mulberry from Sara Wren at NM King of Prussia after seeing it on The Non-Blonde. It's discontinued, but Sara had a few in stock.