Wednesday, June 6, 2012

LORAC Unzipped The Nude Collection

LORAC, created by Carol Shaw, celebrity makeup artist, introduced a set that grabbed my attention the first time I tried it. LORAC Unzipped The Nude Collection ($34) is drop-dead gorgeous - and a value that's amazing.

"Get unzipped and unleash your natural beauty with LORAC's universally flattering nude collection for eyes, cheeks, and lips." Create head-turning looks with four ultra-rich eye shadows, Plum Blush, Lips With Benefits Gloss, and Shaw's famous Visual Effects Mascara.  The Nude Collection shows you how to create natural or dramatic eyes with directions on the box. However, you should feel free to do your own thing with the eye shadows. I usually do.

I swatched everything except the mascara for you. I swached with a sponge-tipped applicator (clockwise in the palette) and took my photos in full sun. You can barely see the Undercover shade at the top of my arm. It is, without doubt, a perfect undercover shade for me. It provides a neutral base that blends right into my eyelids while it brightens them.

The golden bronze, shown below Undercover appears to be named Unrevealed. It shimmers with a summer, beachy intensity that I adore. The matte Unapologetic is a pretty chocolate brown - not original, but a shade everyone needs to have. Unlaced, a unique shimmering shade, shown at the bottom of my arm, joins Unrevealed as a must-have. It's best described as shimmering taupe, with a hint of gold. Totally stunning!

The lip and cheek shades coordinate beautifully. I applied the Plum Blush at the top of my arm, using a sponge-tipped applicator. It was applied very heavily. On my face, the color looks amazingly natural. I love it! It has the right hues of pink-rose, toned by a matte finish that makes it look just right. The Lips with Benefits Gloss in an exclusive shade,  Andy, is a neutral pink that's right up my alley. My only question is, "Why would anyone name a lip gloss Andy?" I'm going to have to ask. Anyhow, Andy is a very pretty natural, almost nude pink.

This is a beautiful set, with $134 worth of makeup for only $34. Even though I received mine from LORAC, I feel like to won the bargain hunter's lottery. I would have snapped up LORAC's Unzipped The Nude Collection the moment I saw it.

I'm having trouble locating it online. Theoretically, it's available at Ulta.I found it at Amazon, but the seller wants to sell a lot of two for $119.46, which is crazy. I must run off right now, but I'll contact LORAC PR and figure out why I can't direct you to a source.

Photos by Best Things in Beauty

9 comments:

Clarisse said...

Hi Charlestongirl!
This comment is not related to the Lorac collection you feature, but today in France is our Rememberance Day and we celebrate the arrival of the allies on June 6th 1944, i-e the American and British troops who came to help liberate us!
So I thought I'd mention it since among your readers several may have someone in their families who came and fought and maybe died in Normandy. Let them know we are forever grateful for their precious solidarity and we pray for them: we will never, never forget their generosity ...
It was so moving to see on TV the American, British and French soldiers who come to Normandy every year and celebrate the D-Day: they are happy to be together. This year they met our new president and as everytime François Hollande has attended a celebration since his election it has been raining, they all stood bravely under the pouring rain!
A huge thank you ♥ to all the brave soldiers who freed us from the most hideous tyrany: we will never forget!

Soni said...

This set is GORGEOUS! A definite must have for me. Off to order...

Clarisse, thanks so much for those kind words...it brought tears to my eyes. You made me proud to be an American. Sometimes it's hard because I know other countries look at us & see selfish, greedy, SPOILED American. Sometimes it seems like we think we are KING of the planet. (I don't think we are...but I can see how people think we do)
I feel like we are the "mom" of the planet...making sure that other countries play nice, etc...
Would be nice if we all practiced the Golden Rule and had no need of someone to "police" us. But I guess evil will always abound.

Anyway...I love hearing about patriotic moments. Thank you again!!

Mamavalveeta03 said...

Beautiful, CG! I loved the Unzipped Palette, but a set is even better to me.

And speaking of D-Day, it would have been my grandpa's b-day today. I miss him everyday.

lizzybee said...

These are just beautiful!! Thank you for this, Charlestongirl. xoxo Beth in Pgh ;-)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Clarisse! Thank you - from the bottom of my heart. We remember just a few weeks before you do in France, but we celebrate V-Day together - united forever by our common bond.

Love you!

Charlestongirl said...

Hey Soni,

I talked to PR, and it turns out that Ulta may be out of the sets. I suspect it may be a store-by-store thing now.

Charlestongirl said...

Hugs, Mamaval!

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, Beth. Sorry it's so hard to find.

Reena said...

I love nude palettes, it brings out the natural glow in me. I haven't tried on Lorac but I find this one interesting, shades are pretty.