Tuesday, June 12, 2012

NARS Ramatuelle Trio Eyeshadow for Summer 2012

I finally got around to getting photos of the NARS Summer 2012 Trio, Ramatuelle ($45). My delay wasn't for any lack of enthusiasm. Rather, it just escaped my notice with all the new makeup that arrived in the same time frame. I had ordered it as soon as it became available.

The NARS Summer 2012 Collection brings with it a cocktail of warm earth tones and brazen shimmers. With this trio, your eyes will glisten in icy peach (more gold than peach, although I can see the peach hue) and matte apricot. It's a great - and unusual - blend of shades.

The silver and peachy gold aren't unique, but pairing them with the matte peach shade is different...and pretty. I love silver and gold on my eyelids. I have learned to love peach. I'd never thought to mix them, so NARS showed me the way.

I swatched them with the usual sponge-tipped applicators and took my photos in full sun. The silver shade is especially nice because the pigments adhere to the skin nicely (there is only a small about of metallic fallout, which can be tidied up easily). The gold is not quite as "adhesive," taking more effort to achieve an even look, but it's a gorgeous shade.

The peach is definitely matte - not my favorite peach eye shadow by any means, but useful in the makeup wardrobe. I must apply it very sheerly. My swatches were applied heavily. If you layer it with one of the other shades in the trio, you can give it more life.

By now, I'm sure that many of you have tried the trio, along with the other featured items in the NARS Summer 2012 Collection. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

You can find the full collection at any NARS counter and, of course, at the NARS Web site, where you will currently find free shipping with any order. I wish they would send samples. I order NARS online more often than in the stores, so I seldom see samples.

Photo at top courtesy of NARS; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

7 comments:

bisbee said...

I passed on this one, mainly because of the peach. I just don't see how that color would be pretty on the eyelids...at least, not on my eyelids! I did, however, order some of the other pieces from this collection - in fact, I just picked up a backup of the Never Say Never lip pencil. I always use some type of gloss over it, since I don't do that well with mattes, but I love the color, and it STAYS put! I have the Vendanges lipstick - pretty, but I like the sheer Armani lipsticks better. I also bought the blush - which is quite pretty, but needs to be used with warmer colors...perhaps a bit later in the summer I'll use it more.

Leticia - Cosmetics Aficionado said...

This looks so pretty, but the colors don't look like they will show up on me so I skipped it.

Mamavalveeta03 said...

The matte apricot is a little too orange for me. But I do think the gold/peach and silver are very pretty. But not pretty enough to spring for.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Bisbee, Leticia, and MamaVal,

I guess we all feel the same about it. The matte orange is kind of "weird."

Unknown said...

I had wanted this trio since it first debuted but I waffled. I finally caved and bought it about a week ago and I absolutely love it. I use the matte peach shade as an outer-v shade, the lighter shade on the inside of the eyelid and the silver as a highlight. I really didn't think this would look good with my medium Hispanic skin but boy was I wrong. I'm so glad I bought it, it is like nothing in my collection.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Andrea!

I'm glad to hear it works nicely for you. I would wear the peach on my cheeks, but the application might be tedious. That silver IS gorgeous.

ashaloulou said...

I attended a NARS event on the weekend and had a 20 minute 'play' with one of the MUA's who used this eyeshadow trio on me. She did the same look as mentioned above by Andrea Abalos but with a hint of the matte shadow under the bottom lash and it was gorgeous, but I didn't realise this until I wandered through a nearby department store and looked in the mirrors everywhere under different lighting. I went straight back to the Mecca store (Australia's NARS stockist)and ordered one. That evening I smoked it up a little before going out and it rocked. I can't wait for this to arrive in the post this week and have a play.
As a footnote: The matte apricot/orange color really doesn't show up as dark as you would imagine.....it definately works as a trio and is very flattering.