Wednesday, June 27, 2012

New Bobbi Brown Lip Glosses in the Desert Twilight Collection for Fall 2012

New Bobbi Brown Lip Glosses - in three formulas - were launched with the Desert Twilight Collection. That's good news for anyone who has a favorite Bobbi Brown lip gloss formula.

A couple of weeks ago, when the collection arrived at Bloomingdale's, I purchased two after a quick scan of the Desert Twilight display: Bronzed Heather High Shimmer Lip Gloss (#19, $23) and Evening Rose Lip Gloss (#51, also $23). I decided to select one with shimmer and shine, which I love, and one that is more lipstick-like in coverage.

Bronzed Heather, my favorite of the two, is described as a pink nude with gold flecks. I'm not convinced that description does it justice. Evening Rose is described as heather brown. Ditto on the description. See what you think in my swatch photos.

My photos were taken in full sun. Bronzed Heather High Shimmer Lip Gloss is shown at the top of my arm. Does "nude" it get much prettier? Bobbi's newest lip gloss formula combines gorgeous, light-catching shimmer with lasting, non-sticky shine. Made with fine pearls and clear pigments, High Shimmer Lip Gloss stays color-true and gives lips beautiful, brilliant dimension. Plus they are enriched with emollients so your lips will feel as good as they look. Whether you wear it on its own or on top of your favorite Lip Color, the new tapered applicator lets you apply it easily. This is my favorite of Bobbi Brown's lip gloss formulas. There are two new shades in High Shine,  this one and Firefly, a pretty gold ivory with opal flecks. Firefly has much less color.

Evening Rose Lip Gloss is shown at the bottom in my photos. It's also one of two new shades (the other is Honeysuckle, a nude pink). I love the mauve-rose shade of Evening Rose. If it offered more shimmer, I'd be delirious. That's just a personal "thing." I do love the color. It's one of those "my lips but better" shades.

There are also three new shades in Shimmer Lip Gloss, Pink Sunset, Twilight, and Black Pearl, the last re-introduced by popular demand. These are all pretty. I'm not sure where I'd start if I had to select only one. I do plan to go back - and I do plan to select only one more. If I search my Bobbi Brown boxes, I'll bet I find Black Pearl, so that will narrow the decision-making process.

The High Shimmer glosses are gorgeous and super sparkly, featuring a special mix of pearls in a clear base for the ultimate in shimmer, shine, and color. Moisturizing emollients and vitamins C and E condition lips and offer antioxidant protection. The regular Lip Gloss formula is also hydrating, enhanced with soothing botanicals,

The new Lip Gloss and Shimmer Lip Gloss shades are limited editions. I believe those are Twilight, Evening Rose, Honeysuckle, and Pink Sunset. Bronzed Heather and Firefly High Shine glosses are not limited editions.

When you check out Desert Twilight at your favorite Bobbi Brown counter, make sure to try the glosses. There's something for everyone. You can also buy the new Desert Collection online at Bobbi Brown's Web site.

Photos by Best Things in Beauty

2 comments:

Mamavalveeta03 said...

SO pretty! I am such a sucker for a nude with some shimmer. Apparently, I'm not alone in that!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi MamaVal!

Isn't that shimmer to die for? Leave it to Bobbi!