Thursday, June 14, 2012

Simply Vera Vera Wang Cosmetics Illuminating Powder Blush

Simply Vera Vera Wang Cosmetics Illuminating Powder Blush ($19.50) is available in six shades that provide a soft, radiant glow with sheer yet buildable color. I received #316 to try, and I'm enormously impressed. If you didn't read my introduction to Vera Wang Cosmetics, scroll up or click here.

 The blush in shade #316 is a beautiful light rose. Had I been selecting it online, it's the shade I would have chosen. The Kohl's online site provides beautiful photos of each shade when you click on the little color representation. The shades range from beige to mauve. All of them look very natural. The compact is halved, with one half providing the blush powder and the other housing a little angled blush brush.

I swatched #316 at the top of my arm (very heavily) with a sponge-tipped applicator and below with a dense blush brush. It's hard to swatch blushes naturally, so I swatched heavily even with the brush.

I hope you can see the the shade is unique. It is a light rose, but there's something about it that takes it from rose to a natural color on the face. That something is hard to define. The finish is not matte, which can be a little dull. There's life to #316, so I assume that's the case with the other shades too - no shimmer, but definitely life.

As with the eye shadow duos I featured this morning, I want more of Vera Wang's blushes! It's likely I'll order online this weekend. I absolutely must see #314. With the taste of Vera Wang Cosmetics I've had (still playing with other items), I'm becoming a devotee quickly.

Photo at top courtesy of Kohl's; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

3 comments:

Memoiselle said...

Do you know where I can get this? I think this brand is worth trying. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Kohl's - in store and online, Memoiselle. That's the only source.

Joy said...

Thank you very much