Sunday, August 26, 2012

Teaser Alert: Chantecaille Fig Luminous Gloss - Swatched

Chantecaille's Luminous Gloss ($34) Collection will welcome Fig, a new color addition, this fall. Fig is described perfectly as an earthy berry. At times like this, seeing something I really want, but can't have just yet, gives me palpitations from the anticipation. I had to share my excitement.

Loved for their superior adherence and rich texture, Luminous Glosses contain innovative polymers that create a fluid, 3-D glass-like effect for color, volume, and shine - the whole package. They are water-binding and contain pyrrolidonic carboxylic acid (used on the skin to retain moisture) to hydrate and smoothe the lips for superb comfort. Theoretically, Luminous Glosses offer six-hour wear. Maybe on someone. I eat, drink, and talk too much. Plus there's the always-present Kleenex for my allergies to everything.

The beautiful Jeannine Barnes gave me a chance to play with Fig at Neiman Marcus Mazza Gallerie. You can see it here at the front of the fall display, grouped with all of my other Chantecaille must-have's. Jeannine let me swatch it in the store, so my photos aren't as bright as they usually are. I figured you'd rather see slightly dark photos than no photos at all until Fig is launched.

I have no idea why I had a crease across my arm. Perhaps it was from holding onto the edge of the counter, desperately wishing Fig were coming home with me?

Even the in-store swatches show that Fig is a warm berry shade with a touch of brown. Could there be a more perfect berry for fall? I'll be able to wear Fig alone or use it to top any number of lipsticks to warm them, while adding shine and a great feel.

I think this color is stunning. I've pre-ordered one from Jeannine; I'm sure I'll order one from the Chantecaille Web site the moment it appears for sale; and the only question is who will sell me my third and fourth. When I find a lip gloss I love, I make sure I won't run out anytime soon - and I tend to stash them everywhere so I always have one at hand.

Chanteaille's fall collection will be available in September 2012 at Barneys New York, Bergdorf Goodman, Frédéric Fekkai Salons, Neiman Marcus, Space NK, select Saks Fifth Avenue, Bloomingdale’s and Nordstroms locations - and at Chantecaille.com, of course. You can purchase "only" one piece today, L'Éléphant Palette, Chantecaille's Web site.

If you would like to work with a Chantecaille representative at Neiman Marcus for Beauty Week, give Jeannine a call at  (202) 966-9700, extension 2289. She will take very good care of you. I've known her a long time, and I can make that promise without hesitation.

Photo at top courtesy of Chantecaille; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

14 comments:

Eileen said...

Another item for my pre-order cart! Fig is such a beautiful autumnal shade. I simply love the underlying warmth of it. It smolders. I think Chantecaille has created by far the most outstanding fall collection this year. It is perfect for my coloring. From eye palette, to blush, to lipstick, to gloss-it's all just perfect. If the colors weren't beautiful enough, Chantecaille's quality would certainly clinch the deal :-)

Unknown said...

Greetings CG!

Would you consider a video or post on makeup sorting and storage as we head towards a new and delicious season of rich fall treats? I have a feeling you are organized! Glossiest of wishes an thanks in advance, Carolina

Tatiana said...

Such a beautiful color! I wish it wasn't a gloss. I hate gloss. Prefer a sheer or pigmented lip color.

Becca @ The Beauty Sample said...

This is gorgeous--but I only have eyes for that new Fun Cheek Shade. I'm starting to get impatient! :P

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Eileen!

Yes, definitely another pre-order. Who could leave this on the table?

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Carolina,

I have no equipment (or time) to do a video. I am so sorry. Besides that Christine at Temptalia did a fabulous one. Who could top it? Check it out at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fQMzSwk5nE&feature=youtu.be

Charlestongirl said...

Hate gloss, Tatiana? Really?

Charlestongirl said...

Becca, hold on. It could be a few more weeks. :)

Unknown said...

Thanks so much CG! Xx00

Nemo said...

I still have my late mother's Chantecaille makeup: every little round shadow made back then, every little blush, every lipstick. I do not use them, just look at them occasionally and remember my mother.

Ellen said...

Hello Charleston Girl,
I'm wondering how this compares to the Chanel Rouge Allure Extrant de Gloss "Troublant" ? You reviewed it June 25. Is there any way you could compare swatches when you get your hands on the Chantecaille? Thanks so much, Ellen

Charlestongirl said...

Ellen, sure, but I can tell you that Troublant is way more cool-toned with no real brown in it.

Charlestongirl said...

Oh, dear Nemo, use them. Your Mom would have wanted you to enjoy them as much as she did. Don't use them up completely, but use them!

Ellen said...

Thanks, CG. I appreciate knowing, and would still love to see the swatches if you can!