Wednesday, January 9, 2013

M·A·C Mineralize Tinted Lip Balm from the Après Chic Collection

I light up when I see new mineralize products from M·A·C - although always powder formulas. When the Après Chic Collection was launched, I decided to try a Mineralize Tinted Lip Balm ($19.50). There was a shade that appealed to me, Rosy Romance, so I ordered it with the rest of my order. Note: I am still waiting for the Mineralize Blush in General to ship. It's backordered, so it may never ship.

A liquid lip balm that adds moisture while providing the right pop of color and mirror-like shine. Enriched with a special, nourishing 77 Mineral-Rich Complex. Can be worn alone or over other lip products.

I love the color. The rose is perfect for any time of year. The lip balm is extremely hydrating - a definite plus. I have read that some find it tacky, but I don't. It's heavier than some tinted balms, like the new Maybelline Color Whisper, but that gives it staying power.  While it's very shiny on application, the shine wears off relatively quickly, so you must reapply if you want to keep shiny lips. Or top it with another gloss.

I took my swatch photos in full sun, which provided the shine a glassy reflection. I think it's a nice introduction to the M·A·C Mineralize Tinted Lip Balms. I don't think I need to rush out to purchase more, but I'll enjoy this one.

You can purchase items from the Après Chic Collection online or at any M·A·C counter or boutique. Just don't wait long. You know how M·A·C collections sell out in a heartbeat, making way for the next week's extravaganza.

Photos by Best Things in Beauty

2 comments:

Cat said...

I got the après chic lipstick and I love it... I wasn't sure about trying a balm... Think I need to though! Xx

Charlestongirl said...

I like it, Catrine.