Monday, June 3, 2013

Sally Hershberger Plump Up Volume Shampoo and Conditioner with Collagen for Instant Body + Volume

"Give your hair guts," is the tagline for Sally Hershberger's new Plump Up Volume Shampoo and Conditioner ($8.99 each). Both feature collagen for instant body and volume. I was offered the opportunity to try these two products, and I jumped at the chance. My hair is as limp and lifeless as hair comes, and anything that will add volume without weight commands my attention.

Women have used collagen on their faces for years. Now it's the hottest ingredient for hair. This volumizing formula with natural marine collagen thickens and plumps the hair instantly for a noticeably full, polished look, while African baobab tree extract and natural rice proteins repair and plump for the ultimate in full-bodied style. Here are the specifics.
  • Natural marine collagen naturally plumps and thickens hair from root to tip, without adding weight.
  • African baobab tree extract detangles, moisturizes, and volumizes hair.
  • Rice proteins strengthen, hydrate, and thicken hair.
  • Sea Water provides natural volume and texture.
Both products are color-safe. They are also said to offer a bit of ultraviolet protection.

Do they work? They sure do! There's a reason Sally Hershberger is one of the most influential and sought-after hairstylists across the globe. As the first female hairstylist whose talent and business acumen enabled her to reach celebrity status, Sally is a personal favorite of directors and celebrities alike and is equally in demand in the world of fashion. In addition to her work with top celebrities and photographers, Sally travels coast to coast to work with personal clients in her New York and Los Angeles Salons. In 2008, she created her eponymous hair care line, Sally Hershberger.

The ultimate in luxury hair care without the price tag to match, all Hershberger's products undergo testing by Sally herself at her New York City salon to ensure high-quality, high-performance formulations at a price everyone can afford.

The shampoo and conditioner have a very light, delicious fragrance that is pleasing while you cleanse and condition my hair, and then it's gone after my shower. I find that perfect. I do not like hair products that want to stick around and compete with my chosen fragrance of the day.

As I mentioned, my hair is a challenge. It's find, straight, and as flat as can be without something to help it with volume. I can only do so much when I'm blow drying it. I do the upside down trick and all the other known techniques, but the real test of a hair product is whether I have volume at the end of the day - or even the next day. Sally Hershberger's Plump Up products passed that test with pride. It may seem like an afterthought, but they cleanse well and leave my usually tangled hair easy to comb out after a shower.

I will continue to use Plump Up Volume Shampoo and Conditioner after I finish using my gratis products. You can find them at Sally Hershberger's own Web site, Drugstore.com, and Ulta, where there is a current special offer.

Photos courtesy of Drugstore.com

8 comments:

grlnxdor said...

I'm excited to hear that it works and that I can order it from Ulta. I was just thinking the other day that I should order another Prestige My Biggest Lashes mascara from them. Thank you, Charlestongirl, for the heads up!

Eileen said...

This sounds promising. I could really relate to all the effort you expend in trying to get some body and lift. I shall definitely have to take a look at SH's line. And, if it offers some UV protection, that's even better. It's not just you ladies who color your hair that have to worry about UV induced fading. Those of us with silver to white hair have to worry about UV rays causing it to yellow. Flat, lifeless, faded hair---hardly condusive to being a silver fox, is it? ;-)

Clarisse said...

These products sound very interesting and full of delicious ingredients : I never thought collagen was great for hair too!...
So cute to read it is Hug your cat day :-) for me and my cats, that's our everyday routine: a big hug in the morning when I get up, a quick one before I go to work and lots of hugs when I come back..:-) it doesn't sound unhappy, does it?

LilyBiscuit said...

I'll have to try this. I've had fine hair issues all my life as well.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Grlnxdor,

There you go, a perfect excuse to shop!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Eileen,

I don't see active ingredients on the list, so I'm not sure how the UV protection works. Nonetheless, always wear hats with brims. My motto.

Charlestongirl said...

Aww, Clarisse, that's so cute! Charlie doesn't actually like to be hugged. He'd rather snuggle on me or next to me. I did hug him, though.

Charlestongirl said...

Oh LilyBiscuit, the things we have to do to get a little volume!