Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Bobbi Brown Bobbi & Katie Collection for Fall 2013

I thought this photo, with the tables turned on Bobbi Brown, was really cute. I got a look at the Bobbi & Katie Collection last week at Neiman Marcus, and I really liked it. Did I purchase the limited-edition Bobbie & Katie Palette ($68)? No, but it wasn't because I don't like it. I think it's beautiful. I've been forced to purchase less - that's all. It's a tough adjustment.

This fall, Bobbi Brown and Katie Holmes join forces to create the ultimate makeup lineup for today’s modern woman: the Bobbi & Katie Collection. Form meets function in the creative duo’s new palette for eyes, cheeks, and lips. Combined with a brush set and cosmetic case perfectly sized for your purse, it’s everything you need for beauty on the go.

Inspired by one of Katie’s favorite journals and reflecting her classic fashion design sensibility, this 10-well face palette is housed in a cloth-bound case that opens to reveal an interior mirror, eight Eye Shadows, two Pot Rouges, and one Mini Eye Pencil. Shades ranging from nudes to pinks to browns are designed to complement all skin tones, and work for day to evening looks. Here are the shades.
  • Eye Shadow Shades: Pink Chiffon Shimmer Wash Eye Shadow, Brown Sugar Metallic Eye Shadow, Pink Quartz Metallic Eye Shadow, Black Cocoa Metallic Eye Shadow, Ballet Sparkle Eye Shadow, Stone Eye Shadow, Antique Rose Eye Shadow, Cream Eye Shadow
  • Pot Rouge Shades: Pretty Powerful Pink, Raspberry
  • Eye Pencil: Chocolate
It's a nice, coordinated assortment of colors. I especially like the Pot Rouge shades and the neutral eye shadows, which look like they were made for me.

The collection also includes a limited-edition Bobbi & Katie Mini Brush Set ($65). Designed for modern women on-the-go like Bobbi and Katie, this is the ultimate space-saving, multi-tasking set.

The downtown chic brown cosmetics bag contains four Mini Brushes in one zipper-pocket that are perfect for creating any look with the Bobbi & Katie Palette. A separate zipper-pocket is sized perfectly to store the Bobbi & Katie Palette for a complete beauty to-go package. You’ll never leave home without it. The set includes minis of two of my favorite full-sized Bobbi Brown brushes. Everyone should own a Blender Brush.
  • Mini Face Blender Brush
  • Mini Eye Shadow Brush
  • Mini Eye Sweep Brush
  • Mini Smokey Eye Liner Brush
Right now, Bobbi Brown counters and Bobbi Brown's Web site have this new Bobbi & Katie collection available, along with other new beauties Bobbi Brown fans should check out. Plus, there's more coming - exciting new makeup. I am testing a new mascara and will have a feature for you soon.

Photos courtesy of Bobbi Brown

11 comments:

Eileen said...

I've always been partial to Bobbi's palettes for travel and for the workplace. Before I retired, I used to keep one in my desk drawer. I'm not one to primp during the day--once my makeup is on, it's on--but it was nice to be able to refresh my makeup a bit before late afternoon meetings or conferences. As for travel, Bobbi's palettes have traveled the world with me :-)

Claire said...

I saw this, too today!! I don't know about you/other readers but I absolutely detest having cream product next to powder product in the palette: the dust!! Although I must admit that the pot rouges on that palette are the most wearable. Pretty shades, but like you, I also passed :-|

Gauri said...

Awesome collaboration!

wendy said...

everytime i've bought a product from bobbi brown, i've returned it or worse, thrown it away. i've never had luck with her products! and, with my profession, i should own everyone of her products. i just don't see the quality in these neutrals. and, i am not a katie holmes fan. pass!

Unknown said...

The colours in the palette are really pretty. I need to buy less makeup too. Especially since I barely use makeup.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Eileen,

I love the palettes, but have found I have too many of them. Otherwise, I'm certain I would have purchased this one.

Charlestongirl said...

Claire, I have heard that from others. I guess I'm a neatnik. I always stroke the powder colors away from the creams, so I never get a mess.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Gauri,

They look cute together. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Wendy,

I'm not one of Katie's groupies either. However, with the exception of the sparkle fest shadows that are all glitter and no pigment, I have never had a quality problem with BB products.

Charlestongirl said...

Dollie, for certain, it would be hard for me to use up everything I buy. I totally understand!

Mamavalveeta03 said...

As soon as I'm able, I'm going to go for this one. I love it!