Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Sisley's New Abundance of Colorful Riches for Fall 2013: City Muse

Last week, I had an opportunity to see Sisley-Paris' new color story for fall: City Muse. I was totally smitten and can't wait for the new collection to arrive at counters. I think we can expect to see the stunning colors arrive this month - hopefully in time for Neiman Marcus' Beauty Event.

Most of my photos (with the exception of the one directly above) were taken indoors at Neiman Marcus Mazza Gallerie. There are many new colors you will want to check out.

The unique Phyto-Ombre Glow eye shadows (I'll bet they will serve beautifully as highlighters too) caught my eyes immediately. Silver Glow, Pearl Glow, Gold Glow, and Amber Glow all went on my to-buy list. I didn't get a price, but I think it's between $40 and $50 each.

Mother of pearl is in the formula to catch the light from every angle and deliver breathtaking radiance to the eyes. Breakthrough color control with its talc-free, residue-free formula offers ultra-luminescent and thoroughly pure color with a translucent finish. These shadows can be worked in infinite ways for many looks, from intense metallic to subtle shimmer.

I learned that these cream-to-powder shadows are meant to be applied with our fingers. I tried it in the store, and my fingers applied them perfectly. I spent the rest of the evening lopsided, wearing Silver Glow on one eye and Gold Glow on another.

L'Orchidée Rose is much like the Palette Orchidée Highlighter Blush with White Lily ($108) that was introduced in Spring-Summer 2012. It's much lighter in color, though. While you can't see that in my dark photo above, if you enlarge the photos at the top of this feature, you'll see. It's drop-dead gorgeous.

I'm assuming it brings to the forefront the same qualities as its predecessor. Freshness and warmth blend together for a luminous, translucent, and gorgeous finish. L'Orchidée Rose combines the latest technological advances in makeup with Sisley's skin-care expertise. It's feather-light, silky, blendable texture adheres perfectly to the skin, thanks to a complex of esters, mother of pearl, and silicone that ensure a perfect second-skin appearance and buildable coverage. The powder will enhance luminosity and add softness to the skin.

Incredibly lightweight, the L'Orchidée Rose powder has a special coating to provide translucency and light. The colors will remain pure and radiant with wear, thanks to micronized pigments. Extract of white lily provides a moisturizing and emollient effect to leave the skin velvety smooth, enhance the complexion, and provide skin-care benefits.

The three powder eye shadows you see in the photos above are re-promotes - great colors for fall: Midnight Blue, Black Diamond, and Ultraviolet. There are two lip glosses in the collection: #8, Pink, and #9, Plum. They are priced at $55.

I wasn't expecting a blockbuster color collection from Sisley for fall. Now, I'm counting the days until I can purchase the colors. I want all four of the Phyto-Ombre Glow eye shadows and L'Orchidée Rose - at the very least. There is also new Sisley skin care I mentioned recently. I'm giving my samples a workout and will let you know what I think. Early results are excellent.

Look for this beautiful collection soon at Sisley counters. I'm saving up.

Photos by Best Things in Beauty

11 comments:

Anahita said...

Ooh. I've been waiting with bated breath to see what Sisley was doing for fall. Do you know if it will be available for Neiman's beauty event? Also do you know what their GWP is going to be? Finally, do you have a Sisley SA you would recommend? Thanks alot

Jo said...

Hi CG, the Phyto-Ombre eye shadows are available now on the Nordstrom website. They retail for $52. They all look so pretty.

morelikespace said...

Wow. This whole collection is so beautiful... Sisley is a brand I try to avoid, since even by my standards, they're pricey, but I have been tempted a couple of times and this collection is going to be very hard to resist.

Nina said...

I was woefully disappointed once again with the Neiman's beauty bag. The brochure was quite the thing, but I don't buy all of my products from one line, so I won't qualify for any of those gifts, which weren't named in the mailer anyway! Sorry for the rant, but I would rather spend my $ where I get some nice freebies.

Unknown said...

I swatched these today, I wanted so much of it, trying to decide what to get.
The smooth feel and shimmery shine finish of the Phyto-Ombre Glow eye shadows is just a beauty to see :)

Charlestongirl said...

For help, call Vicki Hamilton at Mazza Gallerie at (202) 966-9700, extension 2288.

These items are arriving in stores as I write.

Charlestongirl said...

Nina, that NM tote is a snooze.

Moonchime said...

Oh my, The Phyto-Ombre Gold Glow eye shadow is calling my name!

Diane said...

Do you know if the Phyto-Ombre Glow eye shadows are a limitied item? The Pearl color is sold out on Nordstroms and the other stores I've called (BG doesn't have them yet) they are not on Neiman's or Saks site yet or COsBar. Do you know where I can find the Pearl shade?

Thanks so much in advance.

Diane

Diane said...

Where is the Mazza Gallerie and do they charge shipping on items less than $100?

Charlestongirl said...

Diane,

I do not know the shipping price since I live close by. Best things is to call Vicki Hamilton at Mazza Gallerie at (202) 966-9700, extension 2288 and ask.

I saw them at Saks today. I think you are having trouble finding them because they are just now arriving in stores.