Monday, November 11, 2013

Marc Jacobs Beauty Lightshow Luminizing Powder

I have finally dipped my toes into the Marc Jacobs line. I did it with a 20% discount at Sephora, the exclusive retailer (with the exception of Marc Jacobs' own stores). One of the first items I selected was Marc Jacobs Beauty Lightshow Luminizing Powder ($59).

I was really surprised when my Sephora order, placed at 5:00 am Thursday arrived on Friday. That was the fastest service ever. My small-sized box was jam-packed with goodies. One of the first I checked out was this limited-edition illuminator, inspired by Marc Jacobs’ Fall 2013 runway show.

This multidimensional powder flatters all skin tones by diffusing light and minimizing imperfections. The formula provides a subtle glow with a universal blend of three complexion-brightening shades, dusted with gold accents for a radiant, glowing complexion. Spherical polymer emollients provide a creamy texture for a sensual, velvety finish and exceptionally long wear.

Note the color difference between Sephora's photo, probably provided by Marc Jacobs, and mine. I was pleased to see the less flashy shade than the brassy one I expected.

On my skin, this illuminator is fairly tame.  I took my swatch photos in full, morning sunshine. I mixed the white gold and yellow gold shades together. I used a sponge-tipped applicator to apply it heavily at the top of my arm and a dense kabuki brush to apply a much larger swatch below. As you can see, the color is a golden beige. It's actually perfect for my skin.

I like the subtle glow it adds to my skin. It's sparkly, but not over the top. Some have called the shade rose gold. I disagree. Do you see any rose in it?

It's not too late to pop this beauty into your cart if you are still Sephora shopping. It's nice, although not unique or especially distinctive. Bear in mind that my opinion is colored by my treasure trove of gold highlighters. Perhaps I've reached a saturation point.

Photo at top courtesy of Sephora; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

4 comments:

VancouverChic said...

Hi CG,

Looks gold to me and looks absolutely lovely on your skin. Beautiful swatches!!!

Have a blessed Veteran Day.

Warm Regards,
Joanne ~ Vancouver Chic

Gina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Evelyn said...

It didn't look like rose gold to me either when I tried it in person. I gave it a pass, I have other luminizers I like better.