Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Bobbi Brown Bronze Brightening Blush and Pink Brightening Blush from the Surf & Sand Collecton for Summer 2014

Among Bobbi Brown's beautiful Surf & Sand Collection, you'll find stripes, which Bobbi perfected years ago with her Shimmer Bricks. Since then, she has experimented with stripes of different widths. Her wildest strips were probably the gold and silver ones in her holiday Party Palette from a few years back. The stripes in her new limited-edition Bronze Brightening Blush ($45) and limited-edition Pink Brightening Blush ($45) are tame and extremely flattering on the skin -  they offer a touch of summer color.

Speaking of summer, look at the steam from humidity on the mirror on the Bronze Brightening Blush at left above. Do you think it was hot outside at high noon when I took that picture?

I have very little time to write today, so let's go right to the swathes. I used a sponge-tipped applicator and ran it across all three shades, applying the bronze at the top of my arm and the pink below. Both applications were heavy. Then I took a kabuki brush and applied the blended bronze shade below the stripe swatches. I applied the two stripes heavily.

The bronze is a beautiful, gleaming color, and when applied appropriately. Tthis lightly pearlized blush delivers a soft wash of lit-from-within color. It looks natural. Bobbi recommends that you apply it with her Blush Brush, and I agree. That brush will add color lightly, giving you the opportunity to add more if you wish.

The pink is extremely sheer and light. Also offering pearlized color, it's best on women with fair skin. I don't see it adding much of a glow to those with darker skin. Maybe I'm incorrect, so tell me if I am.

I think these are beautiful compacts - stripes and all - and I am pleased to have them. Right now, Bobbi Brown has an incredible deal on her Web site. Spend $100+ on your order and you will receive a $25 bonus card to spend later. That'a basically a 25% discount. Not bad!

Photo at top courtesy of Bobbi Brown; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

2 comments:

MoonRae said...

They ARE really pretty aren't they?

Sharon

Mamavalveeta03 said...

I definitely think you're right about the colors: The pinks would only look ashy on darker skin tones, so the bronzy one is a much better choice for medium/tan/deep faces, while the pink works best for fair /light skins.
Gorgeous!