Thursday, July 10, 2014

Chanel Les 4 Ombres Multi-Effect Quadra Eyeshadow Introduction

My new camera body arrived today. I rushed to move my lens from the old camera to the new one, even knowing that we had more clouds than sun. I quickly ran outside and snapped one photograph before I had to dash off to physical therapy. I have all of my new Chanel Les 4 Ombres Multi-Effect Quadra Eyeshadows - at least the four I ordered first. I suspect I'll end up purchasing more.

Chanel has debuted an expanded shade wardrobe of vibrant, versatile palettes for elegant eyes. Each easy-to-wear compact offers endless possibilities, with two medium tones to color and contour, a deep shadow to intensify, and a light shade to highlight.

When I got home from work today, I had less than 15 minutes reassemble my camera and take a photograph, so I selected the quad that makes my heart race the fastest: TISSÉ VENITIEN, the beauty shown above. I did not have time to swatch it. That may have to wait for Saturday.

I love greens, so I'm enchanted by this one. If you check out this link, you can see all nine new quads as well as a short video. Need help? Call Saks Chevy Chase at (240) 497-5363 or Neiman Marcus at Mazza Gallerie at (202) 966-9700, extension 2258.

As soon as I can get some time off from work that coincides with sunshine, I'll be swatching up a storm.

Photo by Best Things in Beauty

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fran says: I think this quad has had the same effect on a lot of women. I keep scanning for it online and whenever it appears on the discount site I go to it sells out within a few hours. Poesie seems to be a limited edition and only in the US at the moment.

Anonymous said...

Got this one, the purple one and the brown one, beautiful taupe on the upper left. Gabrielle is for smoky eye. Have never bought so many in one sitting. This green one is to die for. The silver green is unique.

bisbee said...

Love the colors...but I've been shadow-less for a while, so I'll enjoy your swatches! I just don't use what I have, so I'm abstaining!

Grlnxdor said...

Can hardly wait for your swatches, Charlestongirl! I've never purchased a Chanel quad before, but that is about to change. Have heard nothing but great things about the new formula.

Gauri said...

This is awesome! so simple and sooo perfect for summer!

Eileen said...

This is very reminiscent of the beautiful Murano quad from Fall 2009. It was a quad that I really enjoyed so I'm looking forward to seeing Venitien when it hits counter. In the meantime, I'll enjoy your review and swatches :-)

Nemo said...

I bought all 9, plus the 4 new pencils. I have them stored in alphabetical order in a new organizer. Oh, the joy! Today I started with Cambon. My plan is to use a new one each day. Cambon is gorgeous. The organey shade looks bright, but is sheer. I do not apply the colors per the diagram. I like a sexy, sultry or smokey eye, and I apply the shades accordingly. These are beyond beautiful, ladies! Cg, I will be thinking of you and your knee. This too shall pass.

Tatiana said...

I saw these at my local Nordstrom when I was shopping the pre-sale. My Chanel SA said they're having a national event later this month so I'm going to hold off until then. I want to compare these to two of the new YSL quints and to the fall Tom Ford quad before I choose which to purchase. I don't need more than one new one.

Melanie said...

I am very curious to know how you find these. They came out in Canada around March. I got the Tissé Gabrielle. So far, I am glad that I only got the one: I have never had an eyeshadow crease in the way that this does on me. Last time I wore it, I had patches where there was no shadow left -- and after only four hours! I also find it relatively unblendable. I did get a new eye primer and will see if there is improvement with it. I was so happy to see that Chanel released a talc-free eyeshadow, but this leaves much to be desired. Best of luck with the knee!

Charlestongirl said...

Melanie, Chanel.com and all the Chanel counters.

Melanie said...

Oops, sorry, CG, meant that I am curious to know what you think of them.