Sunday, July 6, 2014

M∙A∙C Pedro Lourenço Cream Colour Base in Hush

Brazilian fashion designer Pedro Lourenço continues to enchant the fashion world with his couture-like sensibility and meticulous attention to detail. The child of fashion designers, Lourenço grew up in São Paulo and has been designing since the early age of 12. M·A·C’s collaboration brings his unique elegance to a color collection that emulates the same delicate balance he achieves in his design work. Daring, saturated hues are juxtaposed against soft, frosted nudes, all encased in limited-edition, black packaging with a chic, velvet finish.

As I mentioned in another feature, I had a spell when I couldn't get photographs.  Either it was raining after work or I was at physical therapy...or something. So, this Cream Colour Base ($22), which I find glorious, is no longer available at the M∙A∙C Web site (see update below). I'm sorry. If I'm going to keep this blog rolling, I will have to set up a photo studio. I'm hoping you will be able to find this item - along with the other I purchased - at a M∙A∙C counter or boutique. That is often the case.

Versatile and multi-purpose, the limited-edition Cream Colour Base in the soft peach of Hush can be applied directly to bare skin or layered over foundation, moisturizer, or powder. Apply it with a brush, a sponge, or your fingers. I've been using my fingers for fast and even application. 

Although it's a perfect "base," I love wearing it on days when I'm in a hurry, need a little color on my eyelids, and want to swipe and go. The light peachy cream shade gleams, focusing attention on my eyes.

For my swatch here, I applied it with a sponge-tipped applicator (to get even lines) and took my photos in full, mid-afternoon sun. Isn't this gentle peach color gorgeous?


It is very creamy on application, making it easy to apply.Once it sets, it stays put. I have used it as an eye shadow and played with it as a highlighter. It's too bad M∙A∙C offered it in only this shade. I like it so much, I might have tossed my recent frugal rule and ordered one of each.

If you love cream products for the face, see if you can find Cream Colour Base in Hush. It will be worth the hunt. I see that the Powder Blush Duo I purchased is also sold out online. What a shame!

Update: See Sara's comment. Hush is a permanent shade. The only difference with this Pedro Lourenço product is that I paid $2 more for his name on the case. I'm kind of annoyed with M∙A∙C, a company I clearly don't know well. I'm happy you can purchase Hush, but annoyed that M∙A∙C would include a standard product in a special edition collection. Thanks, Sara!

Photos by Best Things in Beauty

9 comments:

saw said...

Hi Charleston girl,
I thought I just stop by and let you know, Hush is in the permanent line of MAC, so anyone can get it, just that it would be without the special packaging.

Charlestongirl said...

Thank you, Sara. I added an update to the feature. I think M∙A∙C is kind of underhanded for presenting Hush as a special edition.

Anonymous said...

Fran says: In Australia they've done the same thing. $40 for the Pedro version and $36.00 for the standard. Sneeky so and so's. At least the product is fragrance free. Have long avoided M.A.C. due to the smell in their lipsticks and eyeshadows. They have a two page spread in Aussie Harpers Bazaar August issue which pushes the cream bases as the A/W 2014 runway trend was barely there make up.

Eileen said...

MAC used existing eyeshadows for the Maleficient quad but actually priced it below the cost of buying the products separately. The so-called "special" packaging (which was far from special in my opinion) was actually priced $4.00 cheaper than the cost of purchasing the 4 colors as refill pans and a quad case. Maleficient was $44; do it yourself, $48. In your case, you paid extra for the Lourenço packaging. Go figure! Screwy pricing aside, I think it is disingenuous to pass something off as being special when in reality it can be bought at any time. It just seems like a shameless hustle! At least you got a beautiful product that will look lovely on you :-)

Gauri said...

What a lovely shade!

Charlestongirl said...

Fran, good info. Thanks!

Charlestongirl said...

Eileen, disingenuous yes. Dishonest? I think so.

Charlestongirl said...

Furthermore, should be disclosed.

Unknown said...

What an amazing shade, thank u Charleston Girl :)