Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Guerlain Le Crayon Yeux Water-resistant, Long-lasting Eye Pencil in Khaki Driver for Spring 2016

When Marcus Monson was here last, he used this Guerlain Khaki Driver (#05, $31) water-resistant, long-lasting Eye Pencil on me. It was gorgeous. He applied a very thin line right into the base of my eyelashes, making them look fuller than they are. The color looked khaki if you looked for color, but it could have passed for a soft black when viewed through the lens of my lashes. Of course, I wanted it.

Guerlain sent me this gorgeous eye pencil in the package with ENJOY. I was so pleased to receive it and thrilled to see that it comes with a sharpener. Some of you know that I'm not happy with pencil products I can't sharpen. This dual-ended pencil even has it's own smudger on one end, perfect for those who want to use it for its color - even a smudged smoky eye - instead of a defined eyeliner.

I hope you can see the khaki color in the photo directly above. It's definitely green, but a dark khaki with a kohl look and feel.

Guerlain describes the pencil this way...
Guerlain redefines the typical eye pencil and introduces its first-ever all-in-one liner and khol pencil with a water-resistant and long-lasting formula. With minimal effort, this gentle, creamy-smooth Eye Pencil glides on for a seamless application. Whether going for a dramatic look or something a bit more natural, this new pencil and blending tip create beautifully defined and contoured eyes in an instant.

The indispensable look accessory, Guerlain's Eye Pencil, kohl and contour, allows every makeup result, from a simple elegant sweep to a sultry smoky eye. Thanks to its gliding texture including intense pigments, it can be used as liner in eye contour, as kohl in the inner eye, or even over the entire eyelid. It is long-lasting, no-transfer, and water-resistant; it unfailingly withstands heat and tears of emotion.

I can definitely testify to it's long-lasting characteristic. Even though I used my OCuSOFT eyelid scrubs the next morning, my liner remained intact. I loved the even, thin line that remained, giving me a second day of lush-looking lashes. I can also assure you that it glides on effortlessly. Although creamy, once it sets, it's there to stay.

I took a swatch photo in full, noontime sunshine. The sparkles you see on my arm are leftovers from an eye shadow I had not fully removed over the eyeliner swatch. Sorry - I didn't see them until I looked at the photo online. Khaki Driver is not glittery or sparkly.

I've mentioned before that my camera has difficulties with greens, and this one is no exception. While this color is fairly accurate, it's not spot-on. Nevertheless, I hope you can see how lovely and totally wearable this khaki is.

This Eye Pencil comes in five new colors, including Khaki Driver. The other four are 01 Black, 02 Brown, 03 Purple, and 04 Navy Blue. I've got to check out that navy blue next time I go to the counter.

You can purchase it from your favorite Guerlain source, including Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman, Nordstrom, Bloomingdale's, Saks Fifth Avenue, and online sources, such as Sephora. I'd recommend you check it out.

Photos by Best Things in Beauty

5 comments:

Grlnxdor said...

Well, this is right up my alley! I've worn a Smashbox eyeliner called Golden Ivy down to an impossible to use stub. This looks a great replacement.

Anonymous said...

Non-smudge, waterproof is always good. I may need to try this one. Is it at all similar to the Chanel aqua crayon.
Thanks, Tanja

Sandra said...

CG, I actually ordered this pencil yesterday, in Khaki Driver, to go with the Enjoy eyeshadow after reading your post and Eileen's comments! I am now thinking of getting the Guerlain Khaki Mono eyeshadow to finish the look, as well as Kiss Kiss lipstick in Golden Girl -- for a switch from the pink and neutral I usually wear. Your thoughts?

Sandra said...

PS to my former post: after seeing the Khaki Driver swatch on your arm, I am thrilled I ordered it!

DLori said...

Gorgeous color and I love the complete line in general.