Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Chanel Rouge Allure in Rouge Ingénue from Fall 2016 Le Rouge Collection N°1

Do you remember when I showed you this coming attraction photo I took in the Neiman Marcus Café of the fall Chanel lipstick lineup before it was released? It emphasized red, the theme of Le Rouge Collection N°1 for Fall 2016 - with one exception. Look at that nude lipstick, Rouge Ingénue ($37), that snuck in there (second from left). It looked a bit out of place. It's a Rouge Allure Luminous Intense Lip Colour (#168), and I'm wearing it as I write.

This next-generation Rouge Allure dresses lips with unmistakable attitude. A new formula with concentrated, ultra-thin pigments offers radically intense, long-wearing color with full coverage and a satin finish. It leaves the lips supple and protected with lasting comfort.

I knew I wouldn't be purchasing Chanel's intense red lipsticks, and I really didn't expect to purchase Rouge Ingénue either. However, as I played with the collection with Nicki Hashemi at Neiman Marcus, I swatched Rouge Ingénue. Suddenly I was looking at a nude with a touch of peach that looked like it belonged on my face. I was stunned. I'm not a big fan of nude lipsticks (although I decided recently to become more open-minded and try a few new ones). They often wash out my coloring - or at least add nothing flattering to it.

I zoomed outside this morning and took a picture of it before the clouds move in for the day. I believe you can see the pretty peach tone in the lipstick bullet (I hate that term!). It applied exactly as it looks in the photo. I hope you can see in my swatch photo below that the peach is a distinguishing characteristic.

Chanel calls it a dusty beige. I wouldn't. I see nothing dusty about this pretty color. Does that term "dusty" imply muted, heathery, or even dirty to you? The satin finish has a slight sheen to it. I prefer more shine, but I can always add some with a nude gloss.

I'm sure you Chanel fans know that Rouge Allure feels great on the lips. It's creamy and lasts a moderate amount of time (there are few truly long-lasting lipsticks on me).

If you want to stray from fall's red pack, try out Rouge Ingénue. It is a perfect lipstick to offset your very fancy eyes pained in Candeur et Expérience.

Le Rouge Collection N°1 has arrived at Chanel counters. For those of you who don't have easy access to one, please call Nicky Hashemi at (202) 966-9700. Use my name. Ask for the Chanel counter. If you want to order online, just hop over to this Chanel link.

Photos by Best Things in Beauty

5 comments:

Eileen said...

That is a beautiful peachy nude. As for "dusty", I don't get that at all. Dusty usually denotes a color that has been muted with a bit of greige. Perhaps the person writing the copy was in a creative slump? LOL But, however you choose to describe it, Ingénue is a lovely color that is perfectly on trend without going to the extreme.

There has been such a proliferation of beautfiul nudes that it makes finding one that is flattering rather than ghostly a fairly easy task. Cosmetic designers have finally embraced the fact that nude is really just about mimicking a natural tone that appears in a woman's complexion and that means there is a need for different undertones and different levels of intensity. Add to that a woman's preference in texture and finish, and you definitely don't have a one-size-fits-all situation. Today's nudes are a far cry from what I wore decades ago.

Tatiana said...

Nude for me is more of a light mauve tone. Beiges and peaches just look my lips are gone. I bought Rouge Allure Tentation from the fall collection. It's the perfect, neutral, classic red for me.

Anonymous said...

A few years ago I discovered Chanel 88 Evanescente in the RA formula. That to my mind was a pink brown shade which has been the only nude I have been able to wear. That got discontinued as these things happen and I replaced it with Captivante which is more in my mid tone comfort zone. The formula has lovely subtle shimmer in it which just gives that extra dimension. Enjoy.
Frances

Nan P said...

Tatiana - light mauve is the nude shade that works best for me as well because it's closer to my natural lip color. If you've never tried it, Surratt has a really good one called Hevyn. I like TF Pink Dusk as well, but it's a more opaque formula. I'd love to hear what your favorites are. Frances - have you tried Mademoiselle in Chanel Rouge Coco? It's a brown toned mid pink that you might enjoy in addition to Captivante

Anonymous said...

Hi Nan,
I might get Mademoiselle next as I have just finished Rouge Coco Suzanne which I thoroughly enjoyed and was debating on Maggy or Antoinette as well. Glossimer Blizzard is a lovely pink brown and I have gone through a few tubes of that.
Frances